Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote Scrolling

Whenever I use the remote to scroll it just continue scrolling and doesn't stop, even when I take the batteries out.  it doesn't matter what screen I'm on it just keeps on doing it. Is there any way someone has any information on how I can get this to stop?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Scrolling

Have you tried new batteries?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Have you tried restarting the device?
Settings > System > System restart

These things are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes you just need to clear things out by restarting them.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same problem. When I click a button to turn on the tv and get to the menu it is just scrolling and won’t stop. We have tried new batteries and rebooting the device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Look for other remotes in the room, in cushion, under a book, sounds like IR interference. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Roku is Scrolling Non Stop

My roku is scrolling non stop. I have unplugged it, reset it and I've checked the other remotes and changed batteries. When I reset and it has the pick language screen all it does is scroll fast. I'm not sure what to do next....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote Scrolling

@Magician8220 @luckygirl47 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having same issue. How do I contact you Danny?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Click on his name then "View Profile".  Look for the "Contact Me" section and "Send this user a private message".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello Dear,

since this morning my ROkU TV screen has been scrolling with no stop

i followed the steps you've suggested by it didnt work

kindly advise 

0 Kudos