Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoCole
Level 7

LG smart remote to control Roku

Jump to solution
Hi all! Putting this out to the Roku community to see if someone has figured this out... so I was wondering if there is a way to get LG magic remote to control Roku rather than having to go through the Roku remote separately. I’ve been trying to set up universal access and turned on CEC but it still does not seem to be able to control Roku. Do you know if that’s a capability? If so, are there other settings to turn on? When I go through device connector and set top box, it shows the test screen with a “click the button to confirm if magic remote is working properly” but it isn’t clear what to do from there. Nothing happens and when I indicate does not work properly cannot get anywhere to fix things. Any tips would be greatly appreciated or perhaps this is not a functionality that is supported. Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: LG smart remote to control Roku

Jump to solution

Only the original Roku stick 3400 mhl version could be controlled via tv remote, no roku since can sorry. If the roku wasn't a stick, and received roku IR commands, and tv had a code for roku, then it would control the roku by IR only.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: LG smart remote to control Roku

Jump to solution

Only the original Roku stick 3400 mhl version could be controlled via tv remote, no roku since can sorry. If the roku wasn't a stick, and received roku IR commands, and tv had a code for roku, then it would control the roku by IR only.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos