Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verybad123

Remote voice control became funny and interesting

My remote voice control to fast forward has stopped working, unless I have my boy stand between me and it???? I have done all three resets, and no change so I now manually advance the time. I concluded it must be the weather or the time of year, April fools changed it???? Him standing there must act as an antenna or a blocker/signal enhancer of some kind.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote voice control became funny and interesting

Hi @Verybad123

Thank you for the post!

It is unlikely that the position of your son is causing your Roku remote's voice control to work or not work. The most likely explanation is that there is interference or a problem with the remote itself.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check the batteries: Make sure that the batteries in your remote are fresh and fully charged. If the batteries are low, this can cause issues with the remote's functionality.
  • Reset the remote: Try resetting your Roku remote by removing the batteries, pressing and holding the pairing button for 5 seconds, and then releasing the button.
  • Check for interference: Make sure that there are no obstacles between the remote and the Roku device that could be blocking the signal. You can also try moving the Roku device and remote to a different location to see if that improves the connection.
  • Check for software updates: Make sure that your Roku device and remote are both running the latest software updates. You can check for updates in the Settings menu on your Roku device.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos