Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fast Forward Speed TOO Fast

Same problem with my Roku Ultra 2019. FF and RR not usable with Amazon Prime. Moves minutes in advance with with one tap. Useless. I happens with Prime. Terrible user experience. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Found the issue posted on Amazon Prime. They state that the slower FF and RW features are now the arrows on the roku remote, not the ff and rw buttons. Seems to be the answer. Now just have to retrain my brain.

Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks much for response. Crazy Amazon expects people to use the Roku remote differently than the dozens of other channels, and crazy that Roku allows for that bad UI. Hopefully they'll correct the real issue one day so we don't have to remember different controls for different channels. Thanks again! 

Highlighted
Level 7

big difference. thx. im hating roku. no live customer support.  insane inability of remotes to do standard **bleep** unless maybe you buy the top tier products.  and i need to see whats going on while i rewind and fast forward.  need to rewind often due to hearing problems.  is there any way to see whats going on while you rewind or fast forward on roku like on a real dvr?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

It's up to the channel to implement that and is supposed to be mandatory, but as you've seen Roku doesn't make everyone play by the same rules.  At best, all you get is thumbnails at about 10 second intervals.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

For slower rewind and FF use the big wheel at the top of the remote.

I find it helps to stop the video first then hit the button.

Turn on CC for hard of hearing. Closed captions.

0 Kudos