Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fast Forward Speed TOO Fast

Your remote has a cursor pad up, down, left, and right, with amazon pressing the left & right keys initially jumps 10 seconds. But holding them down changes it to frames you can jump ahead, how far you can go in each jump depends on how long you held it down for.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
sammy15
Channel Surfer

Mine is working correctly again.  Weird.

0 Kudos
RAdams
Reel Rookie

I agree that mine is also working "the way it was before last week" but I can't say it's working "correctly."  (No offense intended, friend.) It has never been "correct" in my opinion because all 3 speeds have never been "right".  Speed 1 was OK, speed 2 wasn't reasonably quicker and then speed 3 has always been way, way, WAY, **WAY** too fast.  It seems as if the 3 speeds are relative to the length of the entire video.  In other words, if you're watching a 40 minute TV show, the 3rd speed is maybe somewhat too fast.  But if you bought a movie with a few hours of additional, extra features, the 3rd speed may advance at 30 minutes per second on the 3rd level of fast forward and that's just *WAY* too unusable fast. 

After reading so many comments here I'm now wondering if I'm complaining in the right place.  Is this a Roku App problem or is it an Amazon Prime App problem.  Where should I really direct my complaint/suggestion? 

I think Roku should at least let us know if it is their remote or if it is a Amazon issue.  My remote works fine on Netflix but is way to fast on Amazon.

merrilisa

One of my TVs is a Samsung smart TV (which I have since upgraded with a Roku Ultra).  Before the upgrade, the Amazon Prime was just as annoying with the Samsung remote ff/rewind functions; i.e., very slow with first press, too fast with 2nd, and way too fast with 3rd.  This leads me to suspect it is an Amazon Prime issue,  not a Roku issue.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
DSnRogue
Reel Rookie

I’m having the exact same issue. One remote in my den fast forwarding way too fast and the one in my bedroom fast forwards normal. I have an LG & a Sharp tv.  And it has just been in the last couple of weeks. Seems like an update occurred that needs to be corrected. 

0 Kudos
Samattie

Thanks for the help&saving us from the frustration @renojim 👍👊👏 That does work but we wish ROKU would let us know what changed with the <<//>> options �

Brooke24
Channel Surfer

So I have a Roku Ultra and this Fast Forwarding too fast in Amazon Video just started yesterday. It appears there was an update with Amazon as the whole app has some changes in appearance. The Roku remote works just fine in Netflix and other apps so I feel like the issue is with Amazon not Roku. I will say I switched over to my Firestick and the Fast Forward does not go too fast so now I’m confused as to who is responsible for the change. I haven’t seen anything in regards to a fix but I hope mine goes back to “normal” soon. 

Beckywhm

This issue is only on Amazon Prime with Roku. My Prime works fine on my smart tv without Roku. The layout is different also and the fast forward rewind is too fast. Goes minutes instead of seconds. Mine just started with this issue a week ago. When will this be resolved so I can use my roku again instead of my smart tv app?

pilo0t

This too fast forward problem is NOT a Roku problem. I just got off the phone with Amazon Prime video. They know of this problem and are working on a fix. They must have updated their software and have created a technical glitch. I'm to call them back in a week or so if this problem persists. 1-877-252-9612 Hopefully they can fix this problem. Very frustrating when you want to rewind 30 seconds and you end up 5 minutes behind.