Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgb199
Reel Rookie

No signal until a Roku button is pressed

Jump to solution

When I turn the TV on with Roku remote, I get "no signal" until I press a button on the remote.  I did not have this issue with prior Roku remotes that did not have TV controls.

[Image added for context]Example of what a 'No Signal' message could look like on your TVExample of what a 'No Signal' message could look like on your TV

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No signal until a Roku button is pressed

Jump to solution

@jgb199 

The power button will turn on the TV.  Pressing another button like Home will "wake up" the Roku device.

Verify that you have your CEC capability enabled on your TV. (Using your TV's remote, not Roku remote, look in Settings, normally under HDMI related settings).  After enabling CEC, using your Roku remote, enable 1-touch play. (Settings..System..Control other Devices..Enable/check)

After enabling, any press on the Roku remote buttons should now power on the TV and switch automatically to the HDMI that the Roku is connected to and you should be on Home Screen of Roku.  To turn off TV, first press Home (to stop streaming), then press Power button.  This will turn your TV off and allow Roku to eventually sleep.

CEC is named differently for different tv manufacturers so either post your TV model here or do an internet search for your TV model.  

Additional Roku resources that you might find helpful:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jgb199 

The power button will turn on the TV.  Pressing another button like Home will "wake up" the Roku device.

Verify that you have your CEC capability enabled on your TV. (Using your TV's remote, not Roku remote, look in Settings, normally under HDMI related settings).  After enabling CEC, using your Roku remote, enable 1-touch play. (Settings..System..Control other Devices..Enable/check)

After enabling, any press on the Roku remote buttons should now power on the TV and switch automatically to the HDMI that the Roku is connected to and you should be on Home Screen of Roku.  To turn off TV, first press Home (to stop streaming), then press Power button.  This will turn your TV off and allow Roku to eventually sleep.

CEC is named differently for different tv manufacturers so either post your TV model here or do an internet search for your TV model.  

Additional Roku resources that you might find helpful:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

jgb199
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Got it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Stevesbeck

Jump to solution

Thanks it was irritating me!! Fixed.