Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeSW1974
Level 7

When switching to Roku, I get a "no signal" on the tv screen & have to hit "ok" on the roku remote.

I just set up the Roku Express 4K+ . Now, before that I had the Roku Express+ for over 3 years and this issue never occurred with that device. When I turn the tv to the hdmi1 port to turn on Roku, I get a "no signal" message on the tv set & the blue power light isn't lighting up on the Roku Express4K+ until I hit the "ok" button on the Roku remote control. Is this normal for this device?  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Fishface
Level 9

Re: When switching to Roku, I get a "no signal" on the tv screen & have to hit "o

I’ve had the issue when I do not turn on the sound first through my audio system before starting up Roku.  After a delay of a couple seconds it starts up ok.  This is similar but not exactly the same as your situation.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: When switching to Roku, I get a "no signal" on the tv screen & have to hit "o

The light goes off when the screensaver is active.  By pressing a button on the remote (don't use Play/Pause or you may find you've installed an advertised channel you don't want) you're dismissing the screensaver and the light comes on.  I don't know why you'd get "No signal" from your TV when the screensaver is active.  Try a different one and see if it still happens.

Edit:  This looks similar to this:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Roku-4K-Powers-Off-when-screensaver-...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos