Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Realgiaimo13
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix HDCP Error Detected 020

Jump to solution

I have an in warrantee Roku premier. Every day when I turn on the television and try to watch a show I get the HD CP error. Once I go to system system restart and restart the Roku the problem goes away. How do I get Roku to replace the defective unit? I have followed all the troubleshooting steps, and all the articles I have changed out all the interconnect’s and make sure they are firmly seated and the problem persists. How do I get Roku to support their product?

Mconliss

Jump to solution

I keep seeing Error 020.  I have followed the instructions but I still get the error message.

0 Kudos
Realgiaimo13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Me too. Only thing that works for me is to system restart the Roku. Then it works.

A device that requires a daily reboot isn’t even worth the $30 i paid for it  — and Roku support offer ZERO HELP.

rgruenhaus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am getting to the point where if I can't get a live person on the phone to help resolve the problem with my ROKU ULTRA saying it has HDCP connection problems then I will need a refund due to no proper support for their products!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rgruenhaus 

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing a HDCP error, we recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Realgiaimo13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve already followed all the troubleshooting steps that you listed and with this one particular Roku, unless I do a system restart every day before I watch television I get the error. Can I get this Roku replaced as clearly it has a problem?

terryj72

Jump to solution

I have tried your stupid unplug the hdmi cables, unplug the power cords wait 10 minutes and then plug them back in.  this does not work!  i don't know what the problem with this device, it is junk.  now, any time i try to play anything at all, this pops up.  i have replaced the hdmi cables, cleaned out the hdmi plugs on the tv and roku with compressed air.  it still does it.  no matter how many times i have tried to do your "If you are experiencing a HDCP error, we recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?" post, it does not work at all!!!!!

Abused
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Lubana 

Thanks for the note.

If you are experiencing a HDCP error, we recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

This is a common problem, and it is caused by broken Roku software. Instead of telling people to do stupid stuff, maybe the Roku software should be fixed instead. 

angelus80
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm just now getting this error after having my Roku for some time. I'll try the unplug/plug it back in first. Hopefully, that's all it takes. 

0 Kudos
Tribillowl

Jump to solution

I have this problem as well now. Not used the stick for a while, but just gives the HDCP purple screen on every channel. Have tried all the disconnecting, powering down etc., even a complete reset. Nothing works.

Cannot try another HDMI port, as only one, cannot change leads as is a stick (3500EU) plugged directly into the back of the TV HDMI port. It detects the TV as able to view HDCP 1.4 and have changed the resolution as well. Nothing.....

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

0 Kudos