Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clh42
Level 7

Direct Roku wifi password, part 2

Jump to solution

I did see this old post on this similar topic but it did not address my specific issue.

I do understand full well what the DIRECT-roku wi-fi network is intended for, i.e., for setup, and that is exactly what I need it for.

I'm traveling and brought my Roku but forgot the remote.  I have the remote app on my phone but that doesn't work until the phone and Roku are on the same network.

Is there any way to determine the DIRECT-roku wifi password without being able to pull up the settings on the Roku, since I don't have the remote?  Or any other workaround for this?  Or am I just screwed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jhanna
Level 7

Re: Direct Roku wifi password, part 2

Jump to solution

Have to be on same network and you can’t change the tv till it is. What I have done on the past is turn on your phone hotspot and rename it the same as your home wi-fi, same goes for password you should be able to connect your tv then and be able to change it. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

clh42
Level 7

Jump to solution

BRILLIANT! Thank you!! I carry a small travel router to link everything while traveling so I just set its SSID & pw back to normal home ones and it worked like a charm!  I had kept my travel router as a different SSID just so it would never conflict if I did try to run it at home, but I think I'll just let it keep the same SSID & pw as home from now on so I don't have to reconfigure my phone and the roku wi-fi every time.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
Jhanna
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have to be on same network and you can’t change the tv till it is. What I have done on the past is turn on your phone hotspot and rename it the same as your home wi-fi, same goes for password you should be able to connect your tv then and be able to change it. Hope this helps.

clh42
Level 7

Jump to solution

BRILLIANT! Thank you!! I carry a small travel router to link everything while traveling so I just set its SSID & pw back to normal home ones and it worked like a charm!  I had kept my travel router as a different SSID just so it would never conflict if I did try to run it at home, but I think I'll just let it keep the same SSID & pw as home from now on so I don't have to reconfigure my phone and the roku wi-fi every time.

Thanks again!