Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Direct Roku wifi password

Jump to solution
My new internet provider is poor at best and that goes for the strength of the connection. Tonight for the first time when looking for a wifi connection DIRECT-roku-E23....came up for the first time. The connection appears to be 100% where can I get The password for this. Someone help please
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Direct Roku wifi password

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the question. That is not a network that you can connect to and does not provide an internet connection. That is an SSID that is established for communication between your Roku device and any paired, wireless point anywhere Roku remote.  Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the question. That is not a network that you can connect to and does not provide an internet connection. That is an SSID that is established for communication between your Roku device and any paired, wireless point anywhere Roku remote.  Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That roku direct thing won't show up in my Wi-Fi, so I can't set it up. How do I get it to appear?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I forgot my password

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

From my experience when you try to connect to Xfinity hotspot you gotta do dorm/hotel. Then it should give you a Roku direct to connect to and a password. My issue is that the Roku direct that it gives you does not appear in my wifi selections.

0 Kudos