Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karsz
Reel Rookie

Avoid other devices in the same network controlling my roku

How can I avoid when I´m in a Hotel, other devices  in the same network can connect to my Roku?, sometimes when I´m reproducing Netflix, other devices can connect to Youtube or Spotify and change what I´m watching.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Avoid other devices in the same network controlling my roku

@Karsz Thanks for the note. There is a setting to allow you to disable control by mobile apps available in Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Control by mobile apps. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Karsz
Reel Rookie

Thanks @RokuTannerD, but I already have disabled that option and it keeps allowing other devices to change the content, I tried even restarting my Roku (Premiere+) after change that option and it is not working.

0 Kudos
Nathan24

Did you find out the answer because this keeps happening to me too!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @Nathan24

I hope you're doing well.

We'd be happy to assist you. We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing and make an effective suggestion. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to help you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos