Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leckilou

Smart Strip+ SE will not factory reset

Jump to solution

I was having issues for awhile where I could not change anything or power cycle my light strip anymore, so I went through all of the troubleshooting the led me to factory resetting my light strip. Now that I am attempting to factory reset, it will go into pairing mode on the remote, but the strip itself will not blink or turn on at all even if it pairs. I have not even had this strip for six months- what gives??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Strip+ SE will not factory reset

Jump to solution

Hi @Leckilou,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having issues with the Roku Smart Light Strip, and we appreciate your posting about this. We would be delighted to help you further. We recommend performing the below steps to see if they can resolve the issue. If the individual sections on your light strip+ are not displaying the correct color or are not working correctly, try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Update the mobile app. Visit the App Store or Google Play Store and verify that your iOS or Android device is running the latest version of the Roku Smart Home mobile app. Refer to the Apple or Google support websites for assistance.
  • Update the firmware: Learn how to check for a firmware update on your light strip.
  • Close the mobile app: Sign out of the smart home app, close it, and then re-open it and sign back in.
  • Restart your light strip: unplug the controller from the wall outlet and then plug it back in after 30 seconds.
  • Factory reset your light strip: Press and hold the side button on the controller until the strip starts pulsing, and then set up your smart light strip again.

We hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Strip+ SE will not factory reset

Jump to solution

Hi @Leckilou,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having issues with the Roku Smart Light Strip, and we appreciate your posting about this. We would be delighted to help you further. We recommend performing the below steps to see if they can resolve the issue. If the individual sections on your light strip+ are not displaying the correct color or are not working correctly, try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Update the mobile app. Visit the App Store or Google Play Store and verify that your iOS or Android device is running the latest version of the Roku Smart Home mobile app. Refer to the Apple or Google support websites for assistance.
  • Update the firmware: Learn how to check for a firmware update on your light strip.
  • Close the mobile app: Sign out of the smart home app, close it, and then re-open it and sign back in.
  • Restart your light strip: unplug the controller from the wall outlet and then plug it back in after 30 seconds.
  • Factory reset your light strip: Press and hold the side button on the controller until the strip starts pulsing, and then set up your smart light strip again.

We hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos