Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart bulb color won't change color

So I've had 2 smart color bulbs for a while and now they won't change color. They worked just fine before but now they're stuck on green. I've tried factory resetting by turning off the lamps 3 times and all that stuff. It'll connect to my wifi and everything, but when I go to change the color or brightness it just won't. It's stuck on green and I hate it. The lights themselves are green, but in the app they're grey and set to 1% brightness.

14 REPLIES 14
crptyl

Re: Smart bulb color won't change color

same, soo annoying

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sharkbait2752 @crptyl,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the Support team. They're the ones that will reach you back.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Same here

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PrimeWatkins,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are aware of this, and we value your communication regarding it. We want to know more about it and be of assistance. Could you let us know when you first noticed the problem?

What troubleshooting attempts have you made, and what didn't work? Furthermore, is this smart bulb brand new, or have you been using it for some time?

Please include additional details so that we can help you even more.

Warm regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Talkative

I have factory reset it by turning off the bulb and back on x3 and making sure it did not need a firmware update but my bulb is about 3 years old but they should be able to last longer than at least 4 years in my opinion.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're glad to have you here in the Roku Community, @Talkative.

We appreciate you for sharing your sentiment here.

Can you please confirm if you are experiencing the same concern as what is posted above? Regarding the Roku Smart home Smart bulb unable to change colors? If so, have you tried to re-pair or re-set up the bulb?

For further information, here's our Support article on How to set up your Roku Smart Bulb SE.

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Whiff
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem. Setup goes smoothly but then the bulb stays green and won’t respond to the app my phone.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Whiff,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your problem controlling your Roku Smart bulb SE with your Roku Smart Home app. 

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Are you receiving any error messages or error codes on your Roku mobile app?

You can try signing out of your Roku Smart Home app and signing back in again. You can also check out this support article on how to adjust the temperature, color, and brightness of your Roku smart bulb.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Whiff
Reel Rookie

I have gone through setup multiple times. Setup is quick and easy, my phone connects to the bulb. I made sure both phone and bulb were connected to the same 2.4 WiFi. After the initial setup, though, the bulb quits responding and just stays green. I did try signing out and back in.

0 Kudos