Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magicfan89
Reel Rookie

Smart Plug SE won't connect

Jump to solution

I have a Smart Plug SE that has been working just fine until last week. Now it can't connect. Everything is identical to before (Bluetooth is on my phone, wi-fi is identical, nothing has moved, etc) The plug just doesn't work now.

I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, deleting it from the app and reinstalling it, I get the fast blinking blue light for pairing mode but the app just can't find the thing.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Plug SE won't connect

Jump to solution

Hello! @magicfan89,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Smart Plug SE and we appreciate your effort trying to fix it. We're pleased to assist.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Confirm that the Roku Smart Home app and Outdoor Plug firmware are up to date.
  2. Confirm the plug is getting power to it. If not, try plugging it into a different power outlet.
  3. Are other devices on the network working normally? If other devices are working normally or unsure, suggest restarting the router.
  4. Factory reset and set it up as a new device.To factory reset, press and hold one of the power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Move the plug closer to the router and set it up as a new device. Check the signal strength. If it is below 3 bars, suggest moving the camera closer to the router.
    • Settings > Device Info> Signal Strength

If the issue continues after network troubleshooting steps, please contact your internet provider to resolve network issues.

Please keep us updated and we'll be happy to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @magicfan89,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Smart Plug SE and we appreciate your effort trying to fix it. We're pleased to assist.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Confirm that the Roku Smart Home app and Outdoor Plug firmware are up to date.
  2. Confirm the plug is getting power to it. If not, try plugging it into a different power outlet.
  3. Are other devices on the network working normally? If other devices are working normally or unsure, suggest restarting the router.
  4. Factory reset and set it up as a new device.To factory reset, press and hold one of the power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Move the plug closer to the router and set it up as a new device. Check the signal strength. If it is below 3 bars, suggest moving the camera closer to the router.
    • Settings > Device Info> Signal Strength

If the issue continues after network troubleshooting steps, please contact your internet provider to resolve network issues.

Please keep us updated and we'll be happy to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
magicfan89
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.

It's an indoor plug, but a factor reset worked for me.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.