Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warcat59
Reel Rookie

Smart Bulb obeys rules erratically

Jump to solution

I got my Smart Bulb connected to Roku Home and set up a rule to turn on at a certain time and another rule to turn off at a certain time, the same time every day. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. It simply seems like a random failure,  doesn't happen on a specific day.  What's going on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Bulb obeys rules erratically

Jump to solution

Hi @Warcat59,

Thank you for letting us know about your issue with your Roku smart bulb that is intermittently not working with the rule. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but no worries, we are more than happy to help.

If the rule is not working with your Roku smart bulb intermittently, one of the common causes is the internet connection of the device. Can you tell me when this problem occurred so we can help you more effectively?

However, we advise you to take the following actions, as they can assist you in fixing the problem:

1. Uninstall and then reinstall the Roku smart home app.
  2. If the problem continues, try removing and re-adding the rule.: How to use rules to automate your Roku Smart Home devices
  3. You can also try restarting your router to restore your internet connection.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Bulb obeys rules erratically

Jump to solution

Hi @Warcat59,

Thank you for letting us know about your issue with your Roku smart bulb that is intermittently not working with the rule. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but no worries, we are more than happy to help.

If the rule is not working with your Roku smart bulb intermittently, one of the common causes is the internet connection of the device. Can you tell me when this problem occurred so we can help you more effectively?

However, we advise you to take the following actions, as they can assist you in fixing the problem:

1. Uninstall and then reinstall the Roku smart home app.
  2. If the problem continues, try removing and re-adding the rule.: How to use rules to automate your Roku Smart Home devices
  3. You can also try restarting your router to restore your internet connection.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.