Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walessb

Smart Plug set up via Bluetooth not working

Jump to solution

I needed to change my Wifi password and it has caused havoc.  I have attempted to set up my smart plug again, but it absolutely will not move past the "Setting up your plug" using bluetooth page.  I have yet to make it to the next page where I enter my new Wifi password.  In order to change the password, you have to unplug and set up again. 

I've unplugged and replugged several times and have used the plug power button to reset into pairing mode as well.  I'm on 2.4Gh network on my phone, using precise location, gave all permissions needed, and updated the app.  When that didn't work, I even cleared the cache, cleared all data, deleted my Roku account, uninstalled the app and essentially started from scratch. Still no luck.  As far as I can tell, something glitched in either the plug or the app when I changed the network password.  Why won't it set up now? Am I missing something???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Plug set up via Bluetooth not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Walessb,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you are having a hard time setting up your Roku Smart Home Plug, and I appreciate the troubleshooting steps process that you have tried to fix the issue. No worries, I am more than happy to assist you with this.

Could you please tell us first the following details?

• Did you receive a software update before the issue started?
  • How far is your modem from your Roku Smart Home Plug?

In the meantime, I suggest to try this troubleshooting steps:

Factory reset your plug:

Roku Indoor Smart Plug SE

To help with the factory reset, familiarize yourself with the location of the power button and status light.

Power button and status light for indoor plug

1. Plug in your smart plug if not already powered on
  2. Press and hold the Power button until the status light begins to flash blue

If you need to connect your indoor plug again, visit the Roku Indoor Smart Plug SE setup instructions.

Roku Outdoor Smart Plug SE

Before you proceed, take note of the location of the power button and status light.

“Power

2. Press and hold one of the power buttons for 5 seconds

To confirm a successful factory reset, look to see if the status light is quickly flashing blue. If you need to connect your outdoor plug again, refer to the Roku Outdoor Smart Plug SE setup instructions.

Please let us know if this helps you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Plug set up via Bluetooth not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Walessb,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you are having a hard time setting up your Roku Smart Home Plug, and I appreciate the troubleshooting steps process that you have tried to fix the issue. No worries, I am more than happy to assist you with this.

Could you please tell us first the following details?

• Did you receive a software update before the issue started?
  • How far is your modem from your Roku Smart Home Plug?

In the meantime, I suggest to try this troubleshooting steps:

Factory reset your plug:

Roku Indoor Smart Plug SE

To help with the factory reset, familiarize yourself with the location of the power button and status light.

Power button and status light for indoor plug

2. Press and hold the Power button until the status light begins to flash blue

If you need to connect your indoor plug again, visit the Roku Indoor Smart Plug SE setup instructions.

Roku Outdoor Smart Plug SE

Before you proceed, take note of the location of the power button and status light.

“Power

2. Press and hold one of the power buttons for 5 seconds

To confirm a successful factory reset, look to see if the status light is quickly flashing blue. If you need to connect your outdoor plug again, refer to the Roku Outdoor Smart Plug SE setup instructions.

Please let us know if this helps you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.