Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Bulb SE wont reset and enter pairing mode

I have 2 Smart Bulb SE bulbs and recently had to move. For some reason, I dont have access to the original account they were set up through. I have tried turning them off then on x3. Doesnt work.

5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Bulb SE wont reset and enter pairing mode

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Beachamtimothy!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution for this.

May we first know at what location did you create your Roku account and moved into? In addition, have you tried to delete the Smart Home app and then reinstall it to see if it will make any difference? Also, are there any error messages prompted? We'd like to know more about your concern to provide you with an accurate resolution.

We'll be patiently waiting for your response!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dylanpcox5

im not the original person who asked this question but ive been having the same issue for months. This months error message says "Failed to update device list (error code %s)". and I'm on the most current update -  version 2.2.0.169 released sep 11, 2023. The app will find my device (color bulb) and i can select it but when i press Next nothing happens no matter how long i wait

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dylanpcox5,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku smart home bulb. We're happy to help you. Please provide the following information that @RokuCarly mentioned above, and try also to remove the Roku smart home app and re-add it again.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Are you sure can you do this

0 Kudos

All done

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.