Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rdfrasher

Re: Roku Smart Home light bulb wont go into pairing mode

Jump to solution

I have 8 of these bulbs only one works so I was experimenting on it the problem is if it doesn't connect to wifi in pairing mode in a timely manner it go's to default white light and works as a standard bulb. after they do that they will no longer go into pairing mode I've tried everything I want a solution asap this is ridiculous!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ReadWryt @Rdfrasher,

Thanks for keeping us posted, and greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
n717mw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have multiple of the Smart Bulb White SE that won’t go into pairing mode. 

is there a resolution coming fir this problem that many are experiencing?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @n717mw!

We appreciate you reaching out and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Rest assured that we will find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know how many Smart bulbs you have tried to pair unsuccessfully? In this case, we highly recommend pressing the switch button three times quickly to reset it and wait for about 5 seconds. If a blinking light appears it means it is already pairing. Otherwise, if the issue still persists, kindly try to plug it into a different socket and try the troubleshooting method we provided again. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll go from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ReadWryt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Gee, Carly...I, like so many others here who have tried everything suggested and possible to get their clearly defective bulbs to pair, never thought of any of that! 

Let's stop blowing smoke up people's asses, you folks have known of this problem for at least 6 months and all you keep doing is tell people to try doing all the stuff that has failed to work up to now. I'm assuming that you all know that if you drag this out long enough there will never be an attempt at a class action, and that folks will give up.

Bravo! You'll probably win the battle of never having to be held accountable for your lack of support. Good for you, hope those profits were worth it. Just hope we don't all start a social media campaign to shame you...

0 Kudos
Purplekitty1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 4 of these bulbs. Changing socket, flipping switches 3 times,  even trying different networks,  nothing works.  I WANT MY MONEY BACK.  Roku, you've dragged your feet on this for months,  waiting for the warranty to run out.  Looking at this thread,  I see a lot of others have this exact same issue. I just see "we're looking into it" with the standard "try this" (which we've all tried many times to no avail) without resolution or compensation.

These bulbs aren't cheap. What they promise is great,  but what they deliver is poor.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ReadWryt,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the Support team, and they're the ones who will reach out to you.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Purplekitty1,

We appreciate you keeping us informed.

To proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number.
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community.
We'll be anticipating it!
Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Wont go into pairing mode

Jump to solution

I have tried ALL of your troubleshooting tips and none of my bulbs or cameras will work. I am very disappointed due to the amount of money I spent on them! 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wont go into pairing mode

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Foxejr6997-.

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we sincerely regret the trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. 

We'd be more than happy to assist you with this but will need further details first.

• What specific Roku smart home cameras are you trying to pair?
  • What model is your phone?
  • Also, if you can specify the troubleshooting methods you have taken to try and resolve the issue that would be great.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.