Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Osoodjc
Reel Rookie

How do I view last months electricity usage

Jump to solution

I have an outdoor smart plug to monitor electricity usage. However come the first of each month, last months data is suddenly unavailable. How do I access this data? Which is the sole reason I got it, to monitor electricity month by month.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I view last months electricity usage

Jump to solution

Hi @Osoodjc,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are glad to have you here, inquiring about how to monitor energy usage using the Roku Outdoor Smart Plug. We would be more than willing to provide further information about this.

The Energy Monitoring feature tracks how much power was used by whatever is plugged into the Roku Outdoor Smart Plug.

• Energy usage can be accessed by tapping the "Usage" button on the desired Roku Outdoor Smart Plug page in the Roku Smart Home app.
  • Energy usage is tracked in KWH (KiloWatt Hours) and can be set to notify you if usage goes above a set threshold per month. You can adjust this threshold via the "Usage Reminder" settings.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Osoodjc 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thank you for letting us know about your concern with viewing the electrical usage on your Roku Outdoor Smart Plug, and we're here to help. Kindly follow the instructions below to to view this information:

To view the electricity usage of a Roku smart plug, you can use the Roku Smart Home app to access the plug's Usage button:

1. Open the Roku Smart Home app
  2. Tap the Usage button at the bottom of the screen
  3. View daily, weekly, and monthly power usage reports in kilowatt-hours (kWh) 
You can also use the Roku Smart Home app to: 

1. Create schedules for devices to turn on and off automatically 
  2. Control devices remotely 
  3. Connect the plug to your home Wi-Fi network 
  4. Turn on and off outdoor devices from anywhere
  5. Track energy usage for outdoor device

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to let us know if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Osoodjc,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are glad to have you here, inquiring about how to monitor energy usage using the Roku Outdoor Smart Plug. We would be more than willing to provide further information about this.

The Energy Monitoring feature tracks how much power was used by whatever is plugged into the Roku Outdoor Smart Plug.

• Energy usage can be accessed by tapping the "Usage" button on the desired Roku Outdoor Smart Plug page in the Roku Smart Home app.
  • Energy usage is tracked in KWH (KiloWatt Hours) and can be set to notify you if usage goes above a set threshold per month. You can adjust this threshold via the "Usage Reminder" settings.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Osoodjc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No it does not help at all. In fact it boggles my mind how you paid no attention to the problem at all and just regurgitated an FAQ on how to access energy usage. Completely ignoring the root of the issue where you can never actually see an entire month’s energy usage because it’s immediately deleted as stated in my question. Are you a bot?

0 Kudos
Osoodjc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No it does not help at all. In fact it boggles my mind how you paid no attention to the problem at all and just regurgitated an FAQ on how to access energy usage. Completely ignoring the root of the issue where you can never actually see an entire month’s energy usage because it’s immediately deleted as stated in my question. Are you a bot?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.