Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moby2
Reel Rookie

Re: [Underinvestigation] Issues with Tablo TV Channel Not Scanning Local Channels

Jump to solution

Please stop asking for more information. All responders have similar symptoms with your device.  Would knowing the TV brand be of any benefit? I am sure there is not much commonality between all of the TV's that are in use with your device other than they are TV's! I began blaming Tablo because it was new to me and would not work. Then I see that many others are having the same problem.  The one thing common to all of us is A SOFTWARE UPDATE. Please don't blow smoke up our collective asses by questioning the Tablo, its software version or the brand of TV.  Work the problem that is known!

0 Kudos
countreno

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

Jump to solution

"Rape?" It's a tv streamer. WTF is wrong with you?

0 Kudos
spanishfly

Re: [Underinvestigation] Issues with Tablo TV Channel Not Scanning Local Channels

Jump to solution

When I plug the same ROKU (with the 14.0.1 update) device into a different TV BRAND/MODEL that I have in my home....it works just fine?....I really do think it has to do with the TV, but that is just me guessing.   I hope they fix it soon...it should work on any TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @spanishfly!

Thanks for those details. Would you be so kind and tell us what is the brand of the TV and its Model number? That would really help us with this investigation. 

We are keen to receive your feedback.

Thanks,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
spanishfly

Jump to solution

I tried this same thing on my Roku Ultra 4660x2 and it worked for me I have sound and picture.  Not sure if you tried a reset after doing this  (im sure you did) but couldn't hurt.

So weird that little things like this can make it work...and then work for only some but not others.   

anyways thanks for sharing..it helped me out!

0 Kudos
spanishfly

Jump to solution
Here is what I changed in my Roku 4660x2 device to get fix this problem on my system.   

SETTING AUDIO

Digital Output Format choose "CUSTOM" choose DOLBY DIGITAL and DTS "(ON)"

Audio Mode should show Auto (DD)

After I made these changes I now can click on channel from guide and watch and hear the channel. 

Hope it might help others. 
0 Kudos
spanishfly

Jump to solution
Here is what I changed in my Roku 4660x2 device to get fix this problem on my system.   

SETTING AUDIO

Digital Output Format choose "CUSTOM" choose DOLBY DIGITAL and DTS "(ON)"

Audio Mode should show Auto (DD)

After I made these changes I now can click on channel from guide and watch and hear the channel. 

Hope it might help others. 
0 Kudos
chasv2

Re: 14.0.4 upgrade broke Tablo OTA guide

Jump to solution

If my Reply was not received, here it is again.

At about 01:58A Oct. 18, Roku auto upgraded my Express 4K+. to 14.0.4.

I could not access Live OTA channels. Selecting, channel number or program from the Guide, resulted in the spinning circle, then would dump me back to the Channel guide. I performed a well-known procedure from the Tablo Community: Roku, Audio → Digital Output Format → Custom, then make sure Dolby Digital is selected for the Dolby section. Can leave DTS off. Then go back to the Tablo app and try again. 

This did fix the issue, where Tablo bumped you out of the channel, back to the Guide, but the playing program, had no AUDIO. There multiple ROKU types having this condition, on the Tablo community site.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 14.0.4 upgrade broke Tablo OTA guide

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @chasv2!

We are thankful that you provided all the specific details. We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team so that your devices can be included in the ongoing investigation. 

In the meantime, we humbly request your understanding while the team works hard to resolve this as quickly as possible so you can get back on streaming. 

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.