Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveinca
Reel Rookie

Re: Phillips ROKU TV won't hold wifi-internet connection

Jump to solution

Trust me. I understand your frustration. I also discussed with my ISP and everything is fine on their end. The "funny" thing is we have 4 other standalone ROKU devices in the house and never have an issue. So in the future I'll stick with the standalone devices and stay away from the ROKU TV's. Again, if it helps, I've retrained myself to power on TV > Settings > System > Power > System Restart. It's relatively quick and you don't lose anything like you do with the other option. If I could still return the TV I'd do that and get a non ROKU TV and add a Firestick or standalone ROKU device. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku connection issues after OS update

Jump to solution

Hello! @ziclownoleander@LAC1 , @steveinca 

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We have received reports that some users with Roku TV are experiencing difficulty connecting to their home network following a recent OS update.

We've identified the problem and expect a fix in a future update.

In the meantime, we recommend performing a factory resetHere's how:

• Locate the reset button on your Roku device, usually on the back or bottom.
  • Ensure your Roku TV is powered on.
  • Press and hold the reset button for precisely 10 seconds.
  • Watch for a fast-blinking light, indicating that the reset is in progress.
  • Once the light blinks at an average rate, release the button.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device and will be ready for you to complete the following:

1. Perform the Guided Setup and activation process
  2. Sign in to streaming channels that require a username and password
  3. Create a 4-digit PIN and configure parental control settings
  4. Perform a broadcast television channel scan (if you have a Roku TV with an HDTV antenna connected)

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ziclownoleander
Channel Surfer

Roku connection issues after OS Update

Jump to solution

TV won't connect to Internet after being powered on, have to reset it every time to connect to wifi. Factory reset did nothing but wipe everything off of the device, I still have to reset and reconnect. This. Is. So. Annoying. I'm so done with Roku. I highly recommend nobody buy these garbage devices. We're getting a new TV today so thankfully I will never have to deal with the stupidity of Roku ever again 🖕🖕🖕 

0 Kudos
captcha123

My Wifi disconnects a moment after connecting

Jump to solution

I just bought a Roku TV (TCL 32S3800). I've logged into my roku account.

Initially, the tv connects to my network but gets disconnected a moment later. After that, it will not connect to the same network or detect any new network. I've done a network reset. After the reset, it connects and disconnects and the cycle goes on.

Help appreciated!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Wifi disconnects a moment after connecting

Jump to solution

Hello! @captcha123,

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku TV disconnecting from your Wifi and attempting some troubleshooting to resolve the issue. We are happy to assist.

We have received reports that some users with Roku TV are experiencing difficulty connecting to their home network following a recent OS update.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device and will be ready for you to complete the following:

4. Perform a broadcast television channel scan (if you have a Roku TV with an HDTV antenna connected)

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brittondavid796
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Element TV loosing wifi.

Jump to solution

I have same exact problem 🫤

0 Kudos
xelan
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Element TV loosing wifi.

Jump to solution

I actually did a full device reset (versus just network reset) a week ago and it did resolve the issues.  Bit of a pain setting things up again but worth not having to network reset every time I used the tv.   So anyone with similar issues.  Bite the bullet, do the full reset. 

0 Kudos
Ginny_
Reel Rookie

Re: Refuses to update to 13.1.4.1512 (error 004)

Jump to solution

My Onn Roku Tv updated on 9/17/24 and now it’s not staying connected to my wifi…. Again… it’s like any time the tv updates it won’t stay connected to WiFi. I went almost three months without being able to use the tv until it was connected to my hot spot. Please fix this issue with your TV’s this is getting ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Refuses to update to 13.1.4.1512 (error 004)

Jump to solution

Hello! @Ginny_,

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV will not connect to WiFi

Jump to solution

mine either, Need help, I unplug and did it three time and changed batteries, Nothing.. My other TV works great, Please help

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.