Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jec

Re: Roku keeps disconnecting from wifi

Jump to solution

It won't download to update/upgrade the software because the tv auto disconnects from network. I keep seeing Not Connected message.  Insignia Roku was a big waste of money!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku keeps disconnecting from wifi

Jump to solution

Hello! @jec,

Thanks for the update,

In the meantime, we recommend performing a factory resetHere’s how:

1. Locate the reset button on your Roku device, usually on the back or bottom.
  2. Ensure your Roku TV is powered on.
  3. Press and hold the reset button for precisely 10 seconds.
  4. Watch for a fast-blinking light, indicating that the reset is in progress.
  5. Once the light blinks at an average rate, release the button.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device and will be ready for you to complete the following:

1. Perform the Guided Setup and activation process
  2. Sign in to streaming channels that require a username and password
  3. Create a 4-digit PIN and configure parental control settings
  4. Perform a broadcast television channel scan (if you have a Roku TV with an HDTV antenna connected)

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
InesA

Re: Onn Roku tv will not connect to my internet.

Jump to solution

My Onn Roku TV does not connect to the internet. I followed the steps that you have put to follow and it still does not want to connect, all the other TVs and computers are connected to the internet.

Please help me!

Ines

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn Roku tv will not connect to my internet.

Jump to solution

Hello! @InesA,

Thanks for the follow-up,

In the meantime, we recommend performing a factory resetHere’s how:

1. Locate the reset button on your Roku device, usually on the back or bottom.
  2. Ensure your Roku TV is powered on.
  3. Press and hold the reset button for precisely 10 seconds.
  4. Watch for a fast-blinking light, indicating that the reset is in progress.
  5. Once the light blinks at an average rate, release the button.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device and will be ready for you to complete the following:

4. Perform a broadcast television channel scan (if you have a Roku TV with an HDTV antenna connected)

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ziclownoleander
Channel Surfer

Roku connection issues after OS update

Jump to solution

It's easy to say I hate Roku now. This is ridiculous. Every single time the Roku is turned off and back on it has to be reset and manually connected to the internet. This is BEYOND ANNOYING, if any other company had this issue the entire programming team would be fired for taking too long to fix it. No, factory reset DOES NOT WORK, moving my router DOES NOT WORK, this is a ROKU TV problem, not a me problem. I'm seriously so over this. Roku is a terrible company, and their TVs are worse. 

FIX. THIS. PROBLEM.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku connection issues after OS update

Jump to solution

If not already enabled, try turning on Fast TV Start:
Settings > System > Power > Fast TV Start

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ziclownoleander
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Already on, toggled and turned off, now I have to put in the password all over again 🙄😮💨 thank you for the input tho

0 Kudos
LAC1

Re: Phillips ROKU TV won't hold wifi-internet connection

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and I have to redo the whole process every day. I am so frustrated because my internet company has done all they can. Its intrinsic to this system and if I can't find a fix I am going to have to buy a new system that isn't roku or phillips. Can someone give me a fix? 

0 Kudos
steveinca
Reel Rookie

Re: Phillips ROKU TV won't hold wifi-internet connection

Jump to solution

Trust me. I understand your frustration. I also discussed with my ISP and everything is fine on their end. The "funny" thing is we have 4 other standalone ROKU devices in the house and never have an issue. So in the future I'll stick with the standalone devices and stay away from the ROKU TV's. Again, if it helps, I've retrained myself to power on TV > Settings > System > Power > System Restart. It's relatively quick and you don't lose anything like you do with the other option. If I could still return the TV I'd do that and get a non ROKU TV and add a Firestick or standalone ROKU device. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @ziclownoleander@LAC1 , @steveinca 

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We have received reports that some users with Roku TV are experiencing difficulty connecting to their home network following a recent OS update.

We've identified the problem and expect a fix in a future update.

In the meantime, we recommend performing a factory resetHere's how:

• Locate the reset button on your Roku device, usually on the back or bottom.
  • Ensure your Roku TV is powered on.
  • Press and hold the reset button for precisely 10 seconds.
  • Watch for a fast-blinking light, indicating that the reset is in progress.
  • Once the light blinks at an average rate, release the button.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.