Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: struggling with connection to wifi tcl 55s421

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @kgreene1900!

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with connecting your TCL Roku TV to your network connection. Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to include your device in the process of investigation. 

We also appreciate the details you've provided. However, we need additional information such as follows:

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): 
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model:

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PCB3rd
Channel Surfer

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

My recommendation is what others have suggested as well, a full factory reset. While this should not have to be done, it looks as though Roku does not have a fix and will not have a fix in the near future. So far with a factory reset, mine is reconnecting every time on startup

PCB3rd
Channel Surfer

Re: Phillips Roku TV disconnects and refuses to connect

Jump to solution

As one other individual here suggested I too recommend a full factory reset as this has solved my issue... For now. It looks as though Roku has no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. So while this should not be necessary it seems to work.

emilyann_tx
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV Suddenly Unable to Connect to Network

Jump to solution

I have this same issue. Any solutions yet???

0 Kudos
emilyann_tx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having same issue. Don’t want to factory reset if I don’t have too. Logging in to all my apps is a hassle. 

0 Kudos
aldewacs
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

Jump to solution

Our issue is a bit different, however I thought I'd add this info in case it rings any bells with someone else.

I have 4 TV's, 2 of which are hardwired-to-network Hisense Roku TV's, and 2 others that use a Roku stick on Wifi, and work flawlessly.

The Hisense TV's have a few issues that may or may not be Roku, or TV, or network, or signal provider issues.  Part of the "fun" is of course trying to get one party to admit "It's us!".

Occasionally at startup, even though we are hard-wired to the network, the TV will state "Not Connected", but will auto-connect after a few seconds.  This may be by design or "normal", I'm not sure, but it's interesting.

Also sporadically, like maybe once or twice per month, the TV just locks up, the remote does not respond, and after 20-40 seconds it restarts.  Fine after that.

Our TV signal (and Internet) comes from vMedia.  When the TV is using the ROKU channel, or any others like Fawesome, Filmrise, Tubi, TED, (etc) or the Antenna, it behaves fine.  But in the morning, when accessing live TV via the vMedia app, it starts the menu at the Time setting of last night, (e.g.) 11 PM or whatever, instead of advancing the menu to (e.g.) 7:30 AM or whatever the current time is.  Hitting the reverse arrow twice  🙂  resets the menu time, and off we go.

I know this sounds trivial, but before we were able to track and duplicate this behavior clearly, much frustration was 'enjoyed' hitting buttons and yelling bad words, for a couple of months.  We even changed some Router settings, and every Roku adjustment under the sun. Nada.

Lengthy tests and fixes were attempted, but these 2 Hisense Roku TV's still behave this way.  Annoying but not fatal.

Is this somehow network related?  It's a mystery.  But because it's only the Hisense-Roku TV's that exhibit this behavior, I suspect it's the Roku Built-in that is not quite as solid as the Roku Sticks, which behave reliably.

My next TV (not due anytime soon) will not have Roku built-in, but will use the stick or Roku box.  I'd shoot for a hardwired network solution and avoid Wifi, although we have a 'good' signal.  Supposedly...

Other comment about Hisense TV:  we have had 3 replacements under warranty in the past 3-4 years.  Thank you, Costco, even though the replacements were all made BEFORE the Costco extended warranty kicked in.

We still like the flexibility of Roku, but these wrinkles add negative excitement.

Who is to blame?  We suspect a combination of factors.  But Wifi is not one of them.

At this point, unless someone has a DEFINITIVE fix, I'm no longer interested in trouble shooting.

0 Kudos
Blowenblu
Reel Rookie

FHD 32" Live TV with no Wifi

Jump to solution

Hello,

My question is will the FHD 32" TV work well for my RV where I never have Wi-Fi but will be using over the air antenna or campground cable. I will need to scan for channels each time I move to another campground.

I ask because I now have a Vizio and every time I turn on the TV I get a "Connecting to Internet" screen that never goes away because there is no Wi-Fi signal to connect to. So it makes this TV useless. Can I use the Roku without it constantly asking me to connect to Wi-Fi?

0 Kudos
TiTi_21
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL/Roku TV loses network connection after sleeping

Jump to solution

@t1renda We are just waiting for Roku to give us another update. They want us (you) to put this information 

"Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (accessible via Settings > System > About). Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs). Who is your internet service provider (ISP) and what is the make and model of your router?"

in the community form if you are experiencing this same issue so that they can detect which devices are having issues.

🙂

williasp
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@emilyann_tx 

So far, it looks like factory reset is the only thing that has worked for several posters.  I'm going on four days now with no connection issues.  I'm hoping that continues.  I was skeptical but figured I would give it a try.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: FHD 32" Live TV with no Wifi

Jump to solution

@Blowenblu, if you never have Wi-Fi, you could just set up the TV as a "dumb" TV by bypassing the network setup when you initially set it up.  Your Vizio may have the same option, but you might have to factory reset it.

For a Roku TV, it won't bug you about not having a network connection.  I think it would just show "Not connected" instead of the clock in the upper right corner of the Home Screen.  However, to set up a Roku TV as a "smart" TV you need a network connection.  As I said, you can just bypass that part of the setup and use it as a regular TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.