Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen69
Reel Rookie

Re: My WiFi shows on available networks, but all of a sudden it’s not allowing me to connect.

Jump to solution

Exact same issue seems started with the last software update. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku tv keeps disconnecting from my wifi

Jump to solution

Hi, @NilDevNull 

Thanks for the post.

We appreciate your for sharing this information with us, and we understand the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TV not connecting to the internet connection. We'd like to help in resolving this matter.

To assist us in investigating this matter further, please provide the following information (if possible):

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Once we gather the information requested above, our team will review this case and investigate it further.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mspljackson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That is exactly how ove been feeling. This is vryond annoying & completely unnecessary.  I really hope that they are seeing these comments & take some sort of action to fix this issue. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @mspljackson 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you are having the same issue as reported by other users in this thread. Please be assured that we acknowledge your concern, and we are here to help in resolving the problem at hand. 

For this matter to be addressed, we'd like to collect the following details requested above this thread in my post so our team can work on the issue further.

Once the details are available, an investigation will be conducted, and we will provide an update once our team has made progress on a resolution.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ava1959

Re: Onn Roku tv will not connect to my internet.

Jump to solution

i have done that it still don't connect to wifi

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

Kindly be advised that we have acknowledged the concern you have encountered, and our team is willing to help in resolving this issue. For us to work on it further, we'd like to request for more information.

To assist us in investigating this matter further, please provide the following information (if possible):

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.

We hope to hear from you soon with the details requested for our team to work on and resolve the issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bsullivan

Re: Wifi Not Connecting, always have to restart system

Jump to solution

ALL OF MY ROKU TV's (all 4 of them) in my house have not been connecting to the internet for a WEEK!  But my GOOGLE TV has NO PROBLEM connecting to the internet!  SO, THIS IS A ROKU PROBLEM.  NOT AN INTERNET PROBLEMPlease do an update to FIX THIS!  

0 Kudos
Jonny0
Channel Surfer

Roku TV Will not Connect to Network after being Turned off

Jump to solution

Kash,

You just said "When the connection drops ...", but again that is NOT the problem.  The problem:

The Roku TV always makes the Wifi connection and keeps it, if the TV had a power restart (either thru the home menu, or re-plugging it's power cord).  But the Roku TV never makes a Wifi connection if using the remote control to power the TV on.   So obviously the TV software made a change a weeks ago regarding what the TV does when turned off by the remote, turned on by the remote control, or both.  The software programmers should be looking into what they changed in this area, and how this code is different from a power restart.

0 Kudos
PCB3rd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

He is exactly correct. The issue is when you turn the TV off and then go to cut it back on hours or days later initially there is no Wi-Fi connection.  At this point you must do a system restart for the TV to reconnect.  It is not losing connection while on but rather has no connection when you initially go to power it on.

0 Kudos
TCLTV55

TCL ROKU TV looses wifi connection every time it powers off

Jump to solution

Every time I turn off my TCL Roku TV (Model 55S525MAAA), it disconnects from wifi. I have to unplug it and replug it in to get the wifi connection to re-establish.

I have tried every Roku recommended suggestion to resolve the problem, including a factory reset, to no avail. I even had my internet provider come out to check my wifi connection with my modem and router.

With so many of us having the same issue, I am guessing there must be a bug in an "update". Someone, please address this and provide a workable solution, or I also will be joining those abandoning Roku. So sad, as all my TV's have Roku.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.