Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate you for taking the time to post the issue you've experienced.

We understand the problem you brought to our attention regarding your Roku TV's network not being able to maintain a connection and rest assured that we'll assist you in resolving it. In this matter, information related to the issue is necessary for our team to investigate this occurrence and work on it. Kindly provide the following information.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once this information has been made available, our team will investigate it, and further actions will be taken to resolve the issue.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FrustratedUS17
Reel Rookie

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I have a Roku TCL tv. Not a streaming stick. Every time the tv powers off, the next time it's powered on it says no internet connection. Once I system restart through settings, it works again. 

I've reset network connections and reset my router. Still same problem. I've seen this problem multiple times on various sites. 

Every Roku response tells us how to reset network settings and how to restart and tells us to power cycle the modem/router. Regardless of doing these things, the problem still exists. 

Please help. This will be my last Roku product if I can't get it working. 

PCB3rd
Channel Surfer

Re: Wifi Not Connecting, always have to restart system

Jump to solution
Spoiler

I am having the same issue and like someone else posted, I think the issue stems From the June 4 update my TV received.  Posting here in hopes that someone at Roku Notice notices and realizes another update is needed to fix

nverdulla
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues. I have disconnected, rebooted, check the connections (which is strong connection). When I get it connected and start to stream my channel (Hulu, Max, Pure Flix, etc) it goes to lost signal, no connection. It's even stopped in the middle of trying to set my connections in settings to reboot. It's annoying!!!

0 Kudos
Jmvillegas79
Reel Rookie

My WiFi shows on available networks, but all of a sudden it’s not allowing me to connect.

Jump to solution

This has been for last few hours, my phone and tablet are both working fine on the WiFi 

0 Kudos
Cray19044

ROKU tv not connecting 2 internet, Unable to connect to wireless network.

Jump to solution

All of the sudden, my Roku tVs "not connected", for no reason. So, I have 2 go under Network> Set up connection>Wireless>Scan again and something flashes on the screen. I hit,  "Scan Again" over &over til I figure out its saying, "Looking for wireless networks" but as soon as it pops up, it disappears. 

So then I choose private network cause mine is anyways, so I put in my network name and password. Up pos a box that says,  "CHECKING... Wireless Connection &it fails. "Unable to connect the wireless network." But none of my other electronics are having problems. Not sure why it cut off of my TV and why it's not letting me connect, nvr had thus problem b4 and its pissing me off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
ct3262016

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. No connectivity is unacceptable. When are we going to get a resolution!?

0 Kudos
BU_89grad22dad
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU tv not connecting 2 internet, Unable to connect to wireless network.

Jump to solution

That's an annoying feeling, no doubt, especially when things are "supposed to work." Not to overlook the obvious, but have you turned off the TV, unplugged it, plugged it back in, and turned it back on?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My WiFi shows on available networks, but all of a sudden it’s not allowing me to connect.

Jump to solution

@Jmvillegas79-

Your problem may have been caused by an update to your router which affects some Roku models. If you receive this update it changes the router's wifi connection parameters for the 2.4 GHz wifi band from b/g/n to g/n. This has been reported for routers supplied by Comcast/xFinity, Cox, and AT&T, but there may be others.

Note that, of recent Roku models, non-4K Roku Express/Express+ (model numbers below 3940) and Premiere/Premiere+ (model numbers below 4620) can ONLY receive the 2.4 GHz band and are therefore affected by this.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect. The fix is to switch the router configuration protocols from the g/n wifi set by the update back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's configuration controls you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Thanks to forum user @AvsGunnar for providing the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU tv not connecting 2 internet, Unable to connect to wireless network.

Jump to solution

@Cray19044-

There are some router setting issues that can prevent establishing Roku WiFi connections. And to make matters worse, some of them can be set by recently-reported router updates. These have primarily been reported with routers supplied by internet providers (Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, and AT&T so far), but it's possible they could also occur with other internet providers or user-owned routers that have received similar updates.

This sounds like your issue: 

• ROKU CANNOT FIND LOCAL WIFI NETWORK AT ALL
    There are several possible causes. If you have one of these situations, see "Reconfiguring Router", below.

A) 2.4 GHZ WIFI BAND TURNED OFF
    Some recent router updates have turned off dual band routers' use of the 2.4 GHz band. Some Roku models, notably Roku Express/Express+ non-4K models (model numbers below 3940) and Premiere/Premiere+ (model numbers below 4620), are lower end units with single band WiFi radios that only support the 2.4 GHz band. They, and many other devices of all sorts that are 2.4 GHz only, can't even see the 5 GHz band, let alone connect to it. If you have a 2.4 GHz only Roku model and a dual band router with both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, be sure the router's 2.4 GHz band is turned on.

B) WIFI CHANNELS 12-14
    In the 2.4 GHz WiFi band, all Rokus support channels 1-11, as are used in North America. If your router supports 2.4 GHz channels 12-14 that are used in other regions make sure your router is set to use a channel in the 1-11 range and that you aren't using an auto setting that could select channels outside this range.

C) DFS CHANNELS
    All Rokus with dual-band WiFi radios can connect to the 5 GHz wifi band in two ranges of channel numbers, 36-48, and 149-165.

Channels between these two ranges are reserved as Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) channels and are shared with other uses such as military, radar, and weather. Only some of the newest Rokus using the latest WiFi processors can receive these DFS channels.

Many home use modems do not include the DFS channels but some do, so if yours is a dual-band Roku that cannot find your WiFi network, try setting your router to NOT use DFS channels. If your router supports DFS channels and you can't turn them off, make sure you aren't using an auto setting that could select DFS channels.

Reconfiguring Router
Thanks to forum user @AvsGunnar  for providing the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

If your problem was not caused by any of the above, a restart of the router (even if other devices are still connecting) followed by a restart of the Roku may allow the connection to be reestablished. Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or if you have no "Power" option, under "Settings > System", or if more convenient you can just pull the Roku's power for a few seconds and let it restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.