Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mischif

Re: How Do We Remove the Backdrops App from the Home Screen?

Jump to solution

Same issue on my TCL Roku TV. I can't remove it or hide it. 

IF it had the capability to only engage during the hours I wanted then it MIGHT be Ok. But since it lacks any kind of customization and is simply on or off, I don't want the darn app cluttering my screen.  Give me the option to uninstall or at least hide it. 

0 Kudos
Wp55

Cannot remove backdrops app

Jump to solution

The latest in a string of things from Roku that I did not choose or give permission for, the backdrops app, keeps appearing in the list of apps I actually use and I cannot delete it. With other dumb things Roku adds I can disable it in the settings. Backdrops stay on the app list no matter what I do. Please make it so I can hide this dumb thing. 

0 Kudos
Jfreeman5

Re: [Underinvestigation] Update on Backdrops Channel Removal Issue

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I set it up but then decided I didn't want to use it. I have removed it about 20 times and it keeps reinstalling and running by itself when I turn off the TV.

0 Kudos
newokei59

Re: Cannot remove backdrops app

Jump to solution

I have the same problem too. Along with Roku not running correctly, The long press of the power button doesn't always work to shut down the tv. The voice command feature became sporadic. I ended up having to factory reset the TV. The backdrops option is a cool feature, but the implementation was terrible.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mischif@Jfreeman5,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We are currently aware of this, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please provide us with the required details so we can send our engineering team additional information for the investigation.

Roku Device Information:

• Model:
  • Serial Number:
  • Device ID:
  • Software OS/Version:

TV Information:

• Make and Model:
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times when the issue occurs).

Steps to Reproduce the Issue: Please outline the steps you take that lead to the issue you're experiencing.

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hnbrink
Binge Watcher

Re: How Do We Remove the Backdrops App from the Home Screen?

Jump to solution

Mine was gone for a couple days. Now it’s back. The most I do is change the themes for seasons or holidays. When I bother. Having a tile in my minimalist app list for something I will never touch is just making me think Roku is starting to compete with Amazon over who can annoy their customers with bloatware more. 

RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community,

Thanks for reporting the issue with the Backdrops channel reappearing after attempting to remove it. We appreciate your patience while we worked on a solution.

Update (09/17): The issue should now be resolved. If you're still experiencing problems removing the Backdrops channel, please provide the following information:

1. Device ID: You can find this in your Roku device's Settings > System > About.
  2. Software Version: Also located in Settings > System > About.

With this information, we can investigate further and provide more targeted assistance.

Thank you again for your cooperation!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot remove backdrops app

Jump to solution

Hi @Wp55 @newokei59,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reporting to our attention that you are unable to remove the Backdrops application on your Roku TVs. We would be more than willing to assist you with this.

Kindly provide us with the following details so we can coordinate this with our Roku-appropriate team:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • OS version
  • Tracker ID (press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.