Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel crashing after playing adverts

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this playback issue when accessing The Roku Channel. We appreciate your effort in trying to resolve this. If you have a mobile hotspot or any alternative network connection we can try and see if that reproduces the same issue on the channel.

If the problem persists, please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we'll be abe to forward it over to the appropriate Roku team for additional review.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cozylogcabin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Maybe a work around could be to stop playing commercials 😛

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel not playing full episodes

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We understand that this playback issue on The Roku Channel is affecting a couple of users, and we appreciate you for keeping us informed on how things are going. It seems like the troubleshooting performed doesn't even apply to this case. We'll require your assistance in isolating this issue by sharing with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • If possible, share the title of the content you've tried that has the issue.

Once information is available, we'll be able to forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kalaivaani

Re: Roku Channel App not playing

Jump to solution

I am having this issue as well, using a TCL Roku TV (43S435-CA). Reinstalling the Roku Channel app and restarting the TV does fix it, but only temporarily- it's re-occurred three times in the past two days.

0 Kudos
Rubydixie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help.

model .. 4802CA - Roku Ultra

Sn .. X010000DKAHR (S0R3238DKAHR)

software .. 12.5.5 build 4174-C2

G.c. version .. 11.4.29

0 Kudos
Rubydixie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I love that👍👍

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rubydixie,

Thank you for sharing this information. Could you also share the Tracker ID of this issue? If you're having trouble getting it, you can use your Roku voice remote. Just say "Issue ID," and it will prompt on the screen. It would be helpful as well if you could share with us the title of the content or commercials played when this occurs.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nielsencl
Channel Surfer

Playback stops and can't resume or restart without using a trick

Jump to solution

Just starting having some problems with movies on the Roku channel (perhaps others) where the movie stops and exits to the movie info screen. This happens randomly. I used to see this once in a while but now resume or start from beginning does not work without a trick I learned.

Without the trick, it looks like it's going to play again, but just goes back to the info page.

What tried and often works, is after pressing resume or restart, I press the REV or FF key on the remote and after a few tries the move starts over. Then I can FF to where I left off.

It's starting to be that it will play for a period of time, and then happen again. This MAY be related to the system trying to play an ad, but I am not sure if it's connected to that or not.

I wanted to contact Roku support directly about this bug, but they don't seem to want to get any feedback directly.

This is getting quite annoying...!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
nielsencl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is a "workaround" that is working for me and not a fix:

When this happens, click on the "resume" or "start from beginning" and right away start clicking on the "REV" or "FF" key of your remote. You may have to do this a few times, but for me I can generally break out of the lockout.

You will probably have to FF to where you got bumped out, but at least you can continue watching the content.

Well, you can continue to watch for some period of time. I seem to have this happen a number of times before I can watch an entire movie.

This bug MAY be related to the ROKU ad serving system, but I cannot tell if that's the case or not.

Good luck,

Christian

0 Kudos
nielsencl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This may confirm what I was thinking. The problem is connected to the ad serving system. It may be that when they are going to show us an ad, some change they made bounces us out of what we were watching.

And if you ever exit an ad before it ends, it always seems to try and run another ad when you start again.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.