Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SanePerson
Reel Rookie

Re: Captions on Hulu are out of sync

Jump to solution

Yup, me too. 

0 Kudos
Liquidfire88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Deleting and reinstalling the Hulu app resolved the issue. 

0 Kudos
Mushrat

Jump to solution

Same problem. Captions continue to run through the commercials and they are out of sync for the rest of the program. None of the suggested fixes work. I tried it on a different TV. Same problem. One is a Roku TV, the other a Samsung with a Roku box attached.  The problem is only with Hulu.  Netflix, Prime, etc all work fine.  I had this same problem with Hulu some time back but I don't remember how it was resolved.  It's maddening. 

Lilbear
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not for me

0 Kudos
Quelto

Jump to solution

Same for me. The subs continue through adds and make it out of sync.

Quelto

Jump to solution

Didn't work. No solution.

PaulaUCLA

Jump to solution

I tried that too. But still it is out of sync 

0 Kudos
Alwaysdreaming
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve been sooo frustrated with this issue for the past week. Before that, everything worked fine. Finally, success by uninstalling and then reinstalling the Hulu app. Turning the TV off and waiting a minute, then turning the tv on. So far so good, captioning now stops during advertising so is staying in sync. Woohoo!

0 Kudos
Champaigngator
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue. I reset my Roku tv and it worked until I got to the first ad and the captions continued through the ad and were out of sync again. Frustrating 

Champaigngator
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just tried this and the captions worked until the first ad break and then they were out of sync again. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.