Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myeamans

Re: Ultra closed captions out of sync

Jump to solution

I have the same problem & it’s driving me insane! Has anyone gotten a fix yet or heard anything from Roku? 

0 Kudos
Endora
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just contacted Hulu directly and was told they are aware of the issue and do not know when it will be solved. The agent said to check it each day and use another device in the meantime.

Dmorris
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update. I tried to contact Hulu directly and had issues being able to report it was going to try again this evening but saw your update. Much appreciated 😊

0 Kudos

Captions on Hulu are out of sync

Jump to solution

My captions are out of sync on the Hulu app. I’ve tried turning them off and back on through Hulu, changing it through accessibility settings, and restarting the whole system. Nothing helps it

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Captions on Hulu are out of sync

Jump to solution

Hi @kortneecoleman_,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for notifying us about the issue you encountered while streaming on the HULU channel. We're here to assist you.

We highly recommend following these steps to resolve this type of issue.

• Disable closed captions, then enable them again.
  • Fully close Hulu: Start by fully exiting Hulu and all other apps or programs running in the background, then try opening Hulu again.
  • System restart: Turn off your device (and the modem and router, if applicable). Wait a few minutes, then power back up.
  • Check for app updates: To check for Hulu updates, highlight the channel, press the star (*) button on your Roku remote, and select "channel update."
  • Uninstall and reinstall: highlight the channel, press the star (*) button on your Roku remote, and select "remove."

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing. Keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
Gab_

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue

Gab_

Jump to solution

I tried all these things and it still isn’t working

Lilbear
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Only with my Roku TV. My other TV no problem.

I had Hulu helping me last night. We reset my Hulu 3 times. I had CC synced for 1 episode. Now back to same issue.

This needs to be fixed it's a major issue

Lilbear
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did all those suggestions also. I also worked with Hulu support. The problem still exists.

Roku needs to address this

Liquidfire88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issue. It’s as if the captions continue through commercials. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.