Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[SOLVED] Roku Camera App getting error "Something Went Wrong"

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We received reports about the ongoing problem with the Roku Camera App, where users encountered an error message stating "Something Went Wrong."

Update:

We believe that the issue is now resolved.

Previous Update:

This issue is currently under Investigation. 

To assist us in our investigation and expedite the resolution process, we kindly request the following details from affected users:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (Found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Channel version/build: Select the channel on the Home screen and press the * button to find this information.
  3. Tracker ID: When encountering the issue, press the Home button five times followed by the Back button five times. Please provide us with the Tracker ID displayed.
  4.  Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?

We'll keep you informed about any developments in this thread as we progress with our investigation. Your patience and understanding during this process are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [RESOLVED] Roku Camera App getting error "Something Went Wrong"

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

The problem has been successfully addressed, and we encourage you to test it out. If you experience any difficulties accessing it, please do not hesitate to inform us.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
gv77
Channel Surfer

Roku Camera getting "Something Went Wrong" Error Code

Jump to solution

The Roku Cameras app no longer works on any of my Roku players or Roku TVs.  When attempting to launch it all I get is "something went wrong please try again"

I tried rebooting the Roku, also uninstalling and re-installing the app, but the result is the same.

I can access it fine on the mobile app, but the Roku app no longer works.

I don't see any other recent posts about this so is this just broken for me?  Is there anything I can try to fix it?  Never had issues with it before.  I have a mix of indoor and outdoor cameras.

MFDS
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Camera getting "Something Went Wrong" Error Code

Jump to solution

I have the same problem

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. Tried everything besides doing a factory reset on my tv. Roku camera app is working fine on my iPhone. 

MFDS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I factory reset it didn't help

0 Kudos
Cdmx72

My Rokus camera not working on any of my tvs help

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Cdmx72

Jump to solution

Same here it sucks 

Cdmx72

Jump to solution

Hope they get them fixed I had the same thing I’m a Roku user for years and never had an issue until last night not even a tech chat support 

jemsmom97

Re: My Rokus camera not working on any of my tvs help

Jump to solution

Haven't notice mine working on tv either. 

0 Kudos
Tish22

Jump to solution

I have the same issue since yesterday.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.