Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taymay88

Re: The home screen of the Roku TV is displaying as blank.

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue and the advice didn’t work. I cannot access my settings as I can only see the TCL Roku TV and the time in the top corners. I can use the apps on my remote, but there are other apps that I want to use. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV - No Menu - Stuck on Clock Screen

Jump to solution

Hi, @JetBl4ck9.

Thank you for providing the details requested. Rest assured that I will coordinate this with our appropriate team to investigate your Hisense Roku TV. Once I've been notified of any updates from the team, I will let you know immediately. 

In the meantime, I request your patience as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @SavageDragon.

I appreciate you sharing your concern regarding your Roku TV. I'd be happy to include your device's information in the process of investigation. 

Kindly provide me with the details requested above so I can effectively forward that information to the team.

I'll be looking forward to your response. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kgihring
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU TV 43R4A5R blank screen

Jump to solution

Are you still there?  Are you still trying to offer any help?

I sent you the issue ID you requested three days ago but I haven't heard anything back from you since then.

Actually, the issue ID was included in the very first communication I sent you, so I have to wonder why you need to ask for it again.

0 Kudos
Jmoran
Reel Rookie

Tv screen frozen after software update

Jump to solution

I did the update 13 today. Now the screen stays at a red screen with TCL Roku TV in the top left corner and the correct time shows on the upper right corner. Nothing works now cannot go to Home Screen   I tried a tv reset and it is the same. I also unplugged the tv and powered it back up. Same problem!  Any ideas on how to fix this ?

0 Kudos

TCL Roku TV won’t boot properly.

Jump to solution

Tv boots to a black screen ( like a starry outer space type background ) only thing on the screen is TCL - Roku TV and the current time.  Nothing else, Remote can turn the tv on and off but cannot access and menus or channels.   I have tried unplugging from power and also tried the reset button in the back. Neither helped. Any suggestions ???

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv screen frozen after software update

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Jmoran!

Thank you for reporting this to us. We are aware of the issue you're currently experiencing after receiving the software update and are currently in the process of investigating the cause. 

Kindly check my post above and provide me with those details. 

I'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmoran
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I chatted with someone on your team and the issue was resolved after we did a factory reset. Thanks

0 Kudos
JetBl4ck9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Lucky. I did three factory resets and after it updates it’s the same issue. Glad yours is fixed though!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku TV won’t boot properly.

Jump to solution

We're seeing several reports of this.  Some have fixed it with a factory reset; some have not.  To factory reset it, locate the reset button on the back of the TV and press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected.  Depending if your model supports it, it may put it into to recovery mode which is all right.  The TV should either be in recovery mode or back to the "Let's get started" screen.  If it's not, you may not have held the button long enough.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.