Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku constantly loses connectivity every time it’s turned off

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for your follow-up on this issue.

Please be advised that our team is working on a fix, as we are aware that Roku TVs and other Roku devices have been affected by the issue. 

An update will be provided in this thread once we hear back from the appropriate Roku team.

We hope for your patience and understanding.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PCB3rd
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from wifi when i turn it off and back on

Jump to solution

I am still having to system restart every time I go to watch as well. It has just become routine for me to cut the TV on and then do a system restart for the TV to reconnect. For those hoping for a fix from Roku. I would not hold my breath at this stage. It looks like they have no idea what is causing the issue and I doubt very seriously they will be able to fix it

0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from wifi when i turn it off and back on

Jump to solution

I've been having the same problem on both of my TCL Rokus for weeks! Please help.

0 Kudos
BDCT2024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OK, maybe this will help some of you.  Evidently, this Roku Tech Site is not helping me / us right now.  I called the TCL Roku Tech Support line 877-300-8837 and they were very helpful.  Was on the call for about 45 minutes.  They had me run through various trouble-shooting methods.  Most of which, I already did.  Where we ended up is that they think the problem is a defective wifi card in the TV.  When I goolged that, a lot of others had the same problem.  

With all of that being said, it seems like the best way to resolve this is to buy a Roku stick.  We just have to reset all our apps.  I definetly am not happy that this TCL TV has a defect in it.  A lot of others complained as well.

If Roku Tech Support has another solution, I am eager to hear it.

0 Kudos
Karen69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How about you roll back the OS update that started this whole issue??????

0 Kudos
NiceW

Re: Wifi Not Staying Connected, drops every 10 minutes.

Jump to solution

I have several TCL TVs but only the 50S425 is having this issue which started a few weeks ago.

The only way to reconnect is to do system restart. I have a FIO gateway modem/router. Other device details include software OS/Version 13.0.0 • BUILD24062-93, device ID is S036D03PARL2, and serial number is X000002PARL2.

Would appreciate an updated answer on fixing this issue.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.