Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BDCT2024
Reel Rookie

Re: Connectivity issues with my Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue.  My TCL Roku is 6 years old and has been great, up until this past week.  I have done everything that is listed.  Every time I turn the TV off, it loses wifi connection.  I am thinking it is a device problem. Everything else i have is working fine regarding my strong wifi connection.  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @BDCT2024 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Kindly be advised that our team is aware of the issue, and it is currently being investigated. 

To assist us in investigating this matter further, please provide the following information (if possible):

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Once the details we requested have been collected, they will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We hope for your response regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BDCT2024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So pleased to see your response and interest in resolving this problem.  I might add, that when I try various techniques to reconnect the TV with wifi, it works.  But once I turn off the TV, it disconnects from wife.

ISP is Xfinity

Router: Motorola 16x4 DOCS 3.0 Cable Modem Plus AC 1900 Router Model MG7550

Roku Device: TCL Roku TV 4K HDR 6 Series 55R617, Hardware ID 7120X, 

Serial Number: YSOOLP058266

Software Version: 13.00 - build 24062-30

Device ID: FV283L058266

Tracker ID: 66-217-422

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @BDCT2024 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We appreciate you providing the requested information. It will be very helpful to our appropriate Roku team, which is currently investigating the issue to resolve it. We'll provide an update in this thread once the Roku team has resolved the issue.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jkamien
Reel Rookie

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue. The problem just started after several years. I have 4 TCL Roku TVs and this is the only one exhibiting this issue. Do I have to do a cold restart and would that fix it?

TCL Roku TV

Software v. 13.0.0

Build 24062

after I turn it off for a while (not unplug and I have the quick start feature On), it doesn’t find or remember the network. I have to reset network connection from the Advanced System settings. Then it quickly finds my wireless metwork and everything is back to normal 

0 Kudos
mcarrcpa

Re: Wifi Not Staying Connected, drops every 10 minutes.

Jump to solution

How is this a solution? Just asking questions is not a solution?

0 Kudos
Suze417
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from wifi when i turn it off and back on

Jump to solution

I’m having to go through the steps to restart power every time I turn tv on, due to losing internet connection. Fast start is already on and is not making any difference 

0 Kudos
BDCT2024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Takashi, Curious is you have any resolution to this?  Or possiby some potential ideas?   It is becomming very annoying trying to manage this.  Is this a device issue or a software issue?  I would appreciate some help here.

0 Kudos
amoore_ca

Re: Roku constantly loses connectivity every time it’s turned off

Jump to solution

HI,  I have the same issue. 

When I turn off my Roku with the red power button on the remote and then turn it back on, my wireless Internet connection is gone. When I try to use the "Network-Set up connection-Wireless" option, it simply spins (with the "Wireless scan" box open and "looking for wireless networks") trying to find my router (which it never does). My current solution is to go to "Settings-Power-Restart" and once it restarts it then sees my router and automatically connects....I have to do this every time I power on my Roku.

TCL model = 58S450R-CA

Hardware ID = G165X

Software version = 13.0.0 - build 24062-CG

Thank you

0 Kudos
Mike22250

Re: Roku constantly loses connectivity every time it’s turned off

Jump to solution

I have 3 other connection and they are fine going back and forth.I depart Roku via select source,all ok reapply source 3 to go back to Roku it says no signal.unplug stick rep lug in and it works

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.