Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

Hi @rongus,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate you sharing the details here, and we're sorry if you are facing an issue with your Roku. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV)
  • When did you experience this issue?
  • Did you try to unplug the Roku for 30 seconds, then plug it back in?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rongus
Channel Surfer

Hi John,

At the moment I am using a Roku streaming stick which I purchased recently, when I thought that the device could be the problem. I have shifted through different devices, and the problem remains. As shared by others here, it seems that this is something being experienced by a number of users, irrespective of the location and device. It is also appears in different aps -  Netflix, Paramount plus, Peacock etc.  The solution of unplugging and plugging the device back does work temporarily, but the issue reappears from time to time, so that is not a permanent solution.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rongus,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We'll do our best to assist you with this, and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jplatte

I'm having same problem. Requested info is as follows: model: 3810X Roku Streaming Stick +; Serial number - YH0058108802; Software version - 12.0.0 - build 4184-50; Device id - 213995108802

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jplatte,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having an issue with the channel guide. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

With further details, we'll be able to take a closer look at this issue.
Thanks,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
o_phuleez
Channel Surfer

I have done all the above that everyone has said to do I did not start having these problems until the Roku updated the 12.0

And this is getting very annoying I have to keep doing this 5 to 6 times a day and the closed captioning is affected as well

I've been having the same issue and I figured it might have needed a reboot so I personally tried it all, settings/restart, check for software updates for the roku and each streaming app, and ultimately unplug the stupid thing and wait then plug it back.  All are temporary remedies for this issue which can be very annoying especially when I'm watching something with subtitles!  I have noticed the roku device does get quit hot lately which only started recently.  I have a Roku Premiere+ which is about 2 years old and never got hot until the last update - maybe it's coincidental but seems odd that it started getting hot around the same after the update then the characters started to missing.

FooFoo
Binge Watcher

I also am experiencing this issue.

Model 4630x

Sn YR00FU084962

Software -12.0.0 build 4184-29

The dropped text occurs within roku apps (for me:  sling, Hulu, Netflix, ESPN, showtime/anytime,max)  as well as on the roku home screen and menus.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users!

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate all the information you have provided. To further visualize your issue, may we have a photo or video, as @RokuEuniceL is requesting?
With further information, we'll be able to effectively assess the issue you've been having.

We'll appreciate a response regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FooFoo
Binge Watcher

I had rebooted my roku yesterday.  Went into sling, then Hulu and back no issues. Went into ESPN and back and text was missing.  Strangely enough, I went back into sling snd brought up a channel, found no missing text in the guide or in captioning. When I went back the the roku main menu the missing text reappeared.  This is the first time I recall that happening.   Usually once text is missing  reboot is needed. The Screenshot below is what I saw after exiting ESPN. 

20230722_171733.jpg

0 Kudos