Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku security camera stops working

Jump to solution

Greetings @Nosyaj808,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We’re sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Roku smart home cameras.

A quick restart of your Roku Smart Home device might help resolve the issue. For detailed instructions, please refer to this Roku Support FAQ: How to fix Roku Smart Home device software update issues.

If the problem persists after restarting, please provide the following details so we can assist you further:

• DID/MAC:
  • Roku Model:
  • Mobile App Error Code:
  • Firmware Version:
  • Log ID:

We look forward to your update!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
plj1023
Channel Surfer

Re: My camera is not working it shows a error code 45

Jump to solution

My camera has been giving the same codes all day today 

plj1023
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Camera getting an error code -45

Jump to solution

Same problem here

Girliegirl2001
Reel Rookie

Code 45 on our indoor barn camera

Jump to solution

Couple days ago our barn camera went offline and flashing code 45. We have three other cameras and no problem with them except for this one all of a sudden. We have done everything that you have advised and nothing works. We uninstalled and reinstalled it, we reset our router, which works perfectly. What is going on with this camera? It has been working perfectly up until now. I see on here that a lot of people have been having the same problem starting last week and there has been no reply from Roku. How do I fix this now????

plj1023
Channel Surfer

Re: Code 45 on our indoor barn camera

Jump to solution

same problem here it's been days 

Girliegirl2001
Reel Rookie

Re: Code 45 on our indoor barn camera

Jump to solution

Okay everybody, my barn camera is fixed!! So it went off a few days ago and we had reset the router and the camera also and did everything Roku told us to do, and nothing worked but we also had a big outage a couple days ago from the storm and that messed everything up also. When the power went back on we kept trying to reset the camera and still 45 code coming up so I unplugged our router for a few minutes again after I think like three or four times being unplugged and this time it worked! Yay! I was able to reinstall our camera and it recognized our network and the code 45 is gone and the camera is working perfectly. I hope this makes sense to everybody I'm just so excited that we can see inside of our barn again. Try unplugging your router, plugging it back in and then repeat that step one more time and reinstall your cameras and they should work again for all of you. Have a great day!

BryMars

Error code 45 on my Roku SE camera

Jump to solution

Like so many others, my indoor Roku SE camera suddenly disconnected and now throws a "Code: -45" error whilst never connecting again. I've changed nothing in my network configuration. I've added no new devices. All my other devices on my network are status-quo functional.  One user her suggested that a hard reboot of the router cured her "Code: -45" woe, but apparently I'm not so lucky and the  "Code: -45" dysfunction continues. I'm going to hazard a guess that Roku sent down some update to the firmware of this camera that has bricked all these  "Code: -45" devices. Hey Roku, what does  "Code: -45" actually mean, and what is the status of you curing this sudden and simultaneous mass outage?

Nosyaj808
Channel Surfer

Re: Error code 45 on my Roku SE camera

Jump to solution

I FIGURED IT OUT HOW TO STAY CONNECTED AND NO MORE CODE 45…

YOU NEED TO HAVE A STRONG WI-FI AND FASTER INTERNET.

0 Kudos

Re: Not recording video indoor cameras

Jump to solution

i had to get a brand new one sent to me and its doing the exact same thing as my old one was doing.. it doesnt want to record a person during night vision anymore and its getting annoying and i have did all the steps they have provided also and nothing fixes it.. its like since the updated version it does not want to work right now! so frustrated!!!

killer123

This has to many customers complaining on the 45 issue

Jump to solution
  • Id rather not post a question or anything else but this I am as of 2pm today having the code 45  issue and have been trying since to fix myself by unplugging restarting and resetting up the cameras and nothing has helped us if there is a solution please roku post it so everyone may have it if not I will be looking for a new brand to bye possibly go back to Samsung as they will stay on their chats until a solution is found 
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.