Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olddog1
Roku Guru

Ruko Support non existent

Jump to solution

Roku cant even process  ca call back  let alone write software program Smart home app is garbage won't even let me reinstall camera    tech said replace camera   What an idiot  Replacing Hardware does not fix a software problem 

0 Kudos
shaaaaun
Reel Rookie

Error 45 is a massive problem for everyone!

Jump to solution

Since the last update, two of my three cameras will not function even in the slightest. Experiencing error code 45 issues on both, just the same as thousands of other Roku customers are being unfortunately plagued with. I bought a year subscription, but not getting what I paid for every minute these cameras are down. Roku needs to address this issue instead of passing accountability off to every other possible entity and source. Clearly, the most recent update has caused this issue and it must be resolved expeditiously or I will be filing a report with the FCC and BBB. 

RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 45 is a massive problem for everyone!

Jump to solution

Hi @shaaaaun,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are getting error code 45 for your Roku Cameras after the last update. Don't worry; we are more than happy to assist you with this concern.

This error code indicates that the device is offline due to a connection failure. To address this, please follow these steps to restart your Roku Camera:

1. Verify Network Connection: Ensure your phone is connected to a reliable network, either mobile data or Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap "Reconnect": On the livestream screen, tap "Reconnect."
  3. Power Cycle the Camera:
    • Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera.
    • Wait 30-60 seconds.
    • Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera.

If the issue persists after restarting, please provide the Log ID of your Roku Camera:

1. Open the Roku Smart Home app
  2. Select Account
  3. Select Roku Support then submit a log.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
olddog1
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Add  the Califonia sate AG's ofice to complaint filing list also Roku HQ is located in  San Jose

0 Kudos
olddog1
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Also add FTCF   to list to file complaints against Ruko

0 Kudos
olddog1
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My connection is fine it is your **bleep** app that is the issue  **bleep** it won't even let me reinstall camera after your tech support said delete and reinstall  camera   This has-been going on for over 1 week now  fix your **bleep** sofware and stop trying to blame everything else  had another of your suportviodiots say replace camera     Changing hardware doesn't fix a softare issue  and by the wayt camer was replced 3 times in alittle over 1 year 

0 Kudos
DawgByte

Re: Error code 45 on my Roku SE camera

Jump to solution

It's all to try to make us buy a subscription.  Most of us use the free service and have been for a couple years. Now they want us to be forced to buy subscription.

0 Kudos
shaaaaun
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Roku Autobot generic response reeks of incompetence and reflects just how little Roku values customer satisfaction. A 2-year-old could perform the listed steps without assistance just as many customers have likely already done before contacting your customer care team. I mean have you actually had a verified Roku customer perform these steps and resolve the code 45 issue? I will wait patiently while you prepare a response that actually provides valid information to correct your firm's massive issue..... GODSPEED!!!

0 Kudos
Kiraboo55

Re: [6.0] My camera is not working it shows a error code 45

Jump to solution

Hey this is NOT a solution BUT I just spoke to real human at Roku (very hard to do) and I have the solution that worked for me!

disconnect your cameras and remove from the app. Then press the SETUP button on camera for 10 seconds to factory reset. 
then add the device back onto the app and it should work properly now! Hope this helps and people see the comment.

0 Kudos
Kiraboo55

Re: [6.0] My camera is not working it shows a error code 45

Jump to solution

I just spoke to real human at Roku (very hard to do) and I have the solution that worked for me!

disconnect your cameras and remove from the app. Then press the SETUP button on camera for 10 seconds to factory reset. 
then add the device back onto the app and it should work properly now! Hope this helps and people see the comment.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.