Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klappy

Re: [6.0] My camera is not working it shows a error code 45

Jump to solution

As an IT professional for decades with a patent in streaming video, I feel like I have been sent back in time. This is what setting up WiFi cameras was like over >10 years ago. I’ve used many systems through the years and this is terrible. 

I realize that I am in an apartment with provided internet. They provision a subnet for each tenant and likely block most ports for security. I have not control over the router but I did purchase a WiFi extender which allows me to get them to work for a few minutes and then they only send alerts and will not stream through the app. 

my suspicion is that Roku switched ports and the protocol in which they stream on. Most likely they rolled it out after testing on typical hardware but not on secured or restricted networks that block certain ports. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.