Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel tiles missing from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Hi @mjdbb1,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be delighted to assist you further. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuJechealR provided above? Please also try the support article that has been provided above and see if that is able to fix the issue that you're having.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjdbb1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sure:

Roku 4800X - Device ID S02A215NYP5L - Software 12.5.0 build 4175-C2

Tracker ID is 5L-406-163

I can also reproduce this on another Roku Ultra, if that helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mjdbb1,
We appreciate you providing these details in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue so we can assist you further. Can you please provide a photo of the issue you're experiencing as a reference? Also, can you please specify or enumerate the channel tiles that are missing?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjdbb1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sure.  All of the channels are gone:

IMG-3505.JPG

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We've determined the cause of the problem with channel tiles missing when the device doesn't have a network connection.  This was a regression caused by the emergency bug fix for the original "no channel tiles" bug, and we apologize for not catching this before the fix was released.  Roku will deploy an update that addresses this as part of our regular system library updates over the coming weeks.

If you want to check version numbers, the easiest way is to hit home x5, back x5 on your remote to bring up the issue report tracker dialog.  The "GC version" field indicates what version of our system support library is on your device.  The GC version with the problem is 10.2.30.

0 Kudos
mjdbb1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuBen Great, thanks for the thorough follow up and for getting to the bottom of this!  Looking forward to the fix. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I only see this "glitch" for about 5 seconds, on power up as likely the device has not connected yet. Appears to be something in the boot sequence, though within 5 seconds everything appears normal. 

0 Kudos
msj
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When will this be rolled out? I am still stuck on 10.2.30 as of 2023-10-25. @RokuBen 

0 Kudos
VLH1

Jump to solution

My device ID is S008316H92HL.  It does not show a GC version.  The serial number is X00400PH92HL.

This begin happening when I tried to restart the ROKU.  

0 Kudos
Dfh1

Re: home page channel icons disappearing

Jump to solution

Afraid not.  I just had to reset my Roku yet again due to disappearing tiles on home screen.

I have an issue ID, but can't find anywhere to enter it.  It shouldn't be this difficult.

Model             3941X Roku express 4K+

Serial No.       X01600YRW26J

Software version  12.5.0  build 4175-CR

Last update          10/19/23 12:47pm

Uptime                 7 days 7 hours  
(since last reset was needed)        

Issue ID:  6J-430-577

this has been going on for months.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.