Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahsoliz

trying to update my rca roku tv with usb

i went through all the step to update my rca roku tv got all the way to the 4th and last step and the code i got online my tv says its the wrong one.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: trying to update my rca roku tv with usb

Hello! @sarahsoliz,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to update your Roku TV with USB. We're pleased to assist.

Activating your Roku TV™ system ensures that it is running the latest version of Roku® OS software. Whenever your Roku TV system is connected to the internet, it checks for software updates every 24 to 36 hours. When a new version is available, it is automatically downloaded and installed without interrupting the use of your TV. You can also manually check for new software updates.

If your Roku TV system is not connected to the internet, software updates must be done manually by downloading a file to your computer, copying it to a USB flash drive, and then connecting it to your TV.

For more detailed information about How to use USB to update your unconnected Roku TV system, visit our Support page here.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos