Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willir64
Binge Watcher

Re: search has changed when i try to search

Jump to solution

The new screens and ways to search for channels sucks! How can I change it back? Otherwise I am switching to Fire stick.

sanchio
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

that happened to me too. But alas back to the new search on my next search

willir64
Binge Watcher

Channel Search I want to change it back

Jump to solution

I don’t like the new channel search menu. How can I change it back? If I can’t then I’m probably going to switch products or go back to cable. 

TimCar
Reel Rookie

The new Live TV Guide is a mess!

Jump to solution

This new "updated Guide" is a mess!

By adding in the useless "Recent" and "Favorites" to the Live TV Guide, now you can no longer scroll through the guide without it losing the time you are looking at.

As soon as hits these unused features, it resets to the far left.

PLEASE give us the option to turn off "Recent" and "Favorites" and give us back a working Live TV Guide!

0 Kudos
Waka62

Search on home screen disappeared?

Jump to solution

My roku boxes have updated or something and I no loner have tu search facility. All I have now is home, weird exclusive experience (whatever that is) or settings..cany anyone advise how to get the search facility back please? Thank you   

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Search on home screen disappeared?

Jump to solution

Just a quick update for those looking to use the old search method.  If you have an Android and do not mind using a mobile app to initiate the search, RoMote allows you to see the text list on the television screen like the old format rather than this new image driven result page.

You will need to type in the search term on the mobile device, and then the results displayed on the television.  Can then continue to either use the app or your physical remote.  I had forgotten about this remote app and was tinkering around with it again yesterday.

Posted more info in seperate thread for those interested. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Search-Text-List-Workaround-RoMo... 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Not only has the search feature changed to an icon based look (bleh), the streaming channels section also changed to an icon based look (bleh again). Bring back the text mode or at least let us have an option to choose.

sanchio
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Lot of trouble to fix something that shouldn't have to be fixed

sanchio
Binge Watcher

Re: E-mail Addresses for Roku Staff?

Jump to solution

has anyone with Roku ever replied to why it was changed and why they won't fix it

ruselinl

Jump to solution

The new search feature sucks! It needs to be changed back! It's incomplete, hard to read and there are numerous complaints both on here and FB. Seems you should listen to your customers. Minimally let us choose from settings how we want our search - if not changed soon I'll throw the thing away.