Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanchio
Binge Watcher

Re: search has changed when i try to search

Jump to solution

Seems like they hear us knocking but won't answer the door

Mrrizzo2u
Reel Rookie

Re: Search engine sucks and needs to be fixed

Jump to solution

As far as I can tell, Roku seems to be ignoring this issue, and probably many others. They appear to be abandoning the things that made them the premier streaming device and are turning into just another streaming device. They will lose there place at the top of the hill, may end up on the fringe as time goes on.
This is just another case of the mentality that the customer will take what they get and like it!!!

Mrrizzo2u
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I don’t think they care. You’ve already paid for it. They will lose business going forward, but they may not notice until it’s too late, for them and us.

willir64
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel Search I want to change it back

Jump to solution

Everyone is complaining and no one from Roku has responded. That's because they feel we will get use to it and they can do whatever they want. Well today I am shopping for a Fire stick and I hope you do as well.

NJG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why continue to thank everyone for the posts.  No one at ROKU is listening.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your product designer perspective. I'm one as well and would love to partake in roku's decisions. Clearly though, UX hasn't been accepted in their organization. Oh well unless you want to work for them which would probably suck. 

0 Kudos
mewanning

Jump to solution

Roku without any question or doubt has taken the #1 outstanding feature and best selling for Roku and totally destroyed it making it a liability.  We got back from a trip and a premiere of a show that my wife thought she recorded was not recorded. So I though we could possibly find it on Roku. Once keyed in, I got the new picture screen. Now, since I was at the table, the text that I could normally read was gone instead was a picture with light color text on a white background that forced me to get up to read.  After not finding it, I finally figured out the was a restart of an old show and I needed another picture which brown text on dark brown background and even harder to read. I have 20/15 vision but have get up and go to within 3-4 feet of a 65 inch to to read your stupid hard to see pictures.  But more important, if the old text was there, besides the 2 listing would have been the broadcast years and I would have wasted time on the wrong show.  I have many, many years in computers. Adding greatly REDUCING THE FUNCTION and replacing with fancy graphics is a bad trend today and needs ending.  At least give a switch in settings - - BUT FIX THIS SOON. It is a major, major step backwards.  And tell your staff that removing function is not progress. 

jstudiocity
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've worked in the film/tv industry for a long time. One of the things that I loved about the Roku search function is that anyone could look up and find what apps my projects were on. Now my name doesbt even show up even though I have several things on various apps available. You have to search for them individually. This is really harmful to people working within the industry. Please fix this! 

Jcs284827

Re: The new Live TV Guide is a mess!

Jump to solution

switch the guide back the new one sucks 

westner
Roku Guru

Re: The new Live TV Guide is a mess!

Jump to solution

@Jcs284827  how did you wind up in this thread? As you can see Roku is not listening to users who complain about their 'Search' or their 'Guide'. I wonder how many more hundreds or thousands of other Roku customers are seething about these absurd changes but can not voice their concerns on this forum because they don't know of its existence.

Had Roku beta tested these changes, they would have easily determined how clumsy and bothersome they would be. They must realize that they are putting their brand and their customer base in jeopardy.

Unfortunately these comments will fall on deaf ears. Right Roku?