Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uruchiwo

Airplay glitch on Roku Smart TV please help me

For the past month or so, when I go to hook a phone up to Roku tv, it shows the Airplay symbol on the screen, and then Roku goes back to its Home Screen. On the phone, it says it’s connected to the TV.

I’ll disconnect and keep trying to do it and it finally ends up working. Not doing anything specific to get it to work, but it just finally decides to work after a few attempts. Is this happening to anyone else? What should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Airplay glitch on Roku Smart TV please help me

Hi, @uruchiwo.

Thanks for flagging this matter to the Roku Community!

We are curious about the Airplay issue you're encountering with your Roku TV and are here to investigate what's causing the problem.

To help us dive into the roots of your concern, kindly check the following points provided below:

• Does the issue occur after a software update on your TV? If so, can you please provide the latest software by navigating to Settings > System > About?
  • Have you tried doing a system reboot? Settings > System > Power > System restart. This will restore the normal performance of your Roku TV.
  • Can you also check if the Fast TV start feature on your Roku TV is turned on? Settings > System > Power > Fast TV start.
  • If the issue is unresolved, please send us a photo or a short video clip of the issue you're encountering.

In the meantime, you can visit this support article: How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device.

We are anticipating your update.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.