Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esotericchef
Reel Rookie

Re: search has changed when i try to search

Jump to solution

Mr. R.

Your non-reply reply and non-solution solution were sent on June 1st. It's now September. What's happening? Everyone here seems to hate the new "search" function. So if this was a beta test, you betta' make some changes.

I watch TV to relax. However, this change is making me want to hurl my remote at the screen. And that is not relaxing.

The results page is much more difficult and time consuming. The icons are hard to read on a smaller screen. The old lists took seconds to scan to find what I want. And some performer searches appear to be leaving out some pretty big projects.

To your collective Roku mind, your lists may be considered comprehensive. But what does that matter when they are incomprehensible?

Dear God! Please, please revert back to the lists.

AMc

ssybesma
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

i absolutely hate the new roku search with a purple passion.

you've ruined its usefulness.

give me back the old search where i had a list that i could work with.

i hate that everything has to be pictures.

ssybesma
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

please send rokudanny-r a private message and fill up his mailbox.

https://community.roku.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/108737

we gotta have this changed back to list search.

every comment here cannot stand the new search!!!

that means this is being forced.

when you use focus groups, they often represent much less than 50% of users!!!

usually those that want what most people don't want.

steve

TVQuestions
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please change the new tile search bar back to the list format, tile version is unusable.  I have been a huge Roku fan. Search was one of the main features. Both my smart tv and Xfinity use provider and movie tiles but Roku has always been searchable.  If it is no longer searchable why should I continue to buy Roku devices.  Roku has enjoyed being on top of the streaming market, but bigger tech dinosaurs have died, please don't be one of them - listen to your customers.

Landow24

Jump to solution

Hi

I got online to see if everyone else hated the new Roku search as much as me, and it seems like the answer is yes. We have had Roku devices for 10 years and this is the first time I have even thought about switching to another device. If this does not get fixed soon I definitely will as this new search has negatively affected my experience using Roku in a major way. 

When I search an actor’s name, Gene Hackman for instance, I used to get a chronological list of every movie or tv show he appeared in. Now I get four main lines of results: Movies & TV Shows, Included with Subscription, Free, and Rent/Buy. 

Common sense would suggest that all titles would be included under Movies & TV Shows, but that is not the case. I am completely confused by the overlap and lack of overlap between different categories. Instead of this change saving time, I now have to swipe through the results from 4 different categories to make sure I am seeing all titles. This design makes absolutely no sense, and is time consuming and frustrating to use.

Anyway, as I said we have always loved our Roku products, but this change to a function I use multiple times a day is so egregiously bad that I will absolutely get a new device from a different company if something is not done about it. 

Thanks

steveslagoon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

https://newsroom.roku.com/news/2022/03/roku-os-11-enhances-user-personalization-through-the-launch-o...

The above link is to "Roku News Release" (3/22/2022) relating to the great improvements included in the OS 11 update that was beginning a roll-out as of that date.  If you want to know when and where the problem originated with the Search Function on your Roku, this article explains the "genesis" of the problem.  It is ROKU-OS-11.

TVQuestions
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Customers want List Searching back!

“At Roku, we are laser-focused on tailoring the streaming and visual experience to fit our customers' personal preferences,” said Gidon Katz, Senior Vice President Product & Experience at Roku.

Customers want List Searching Back!

EightiesChild
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Great idea, @ssybesma!  I'm going to PM RokuDanny-R with my original message too.  It's infuriating that we're being ignored when literally every Roku customer DESPISES the changes made to the Roku Search feature.  There is absolutely NOTHING to like about it whatsoever.  Not a single benefit or pro—only CONS!!!  It's beyond outrageous that this problem remains unresolved and largely unaddressed after four stinking MONTHS!

darthvonpokemon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've got this, too, now and absolutely hate it. Bring back the search rests as a list, not a bunch of random pictures.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please feel free to leave your feedback and I'll be sure to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for consideration.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator