Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't turn of speech recognition microphone, previously reported, no action from ROKU for weeks

My Roku on build 4182 keeps that setting unchecked once I uncheck it.  Whether the setting actually does anything is another matter entirely.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Diortman

Re: "Speech recognition" setting not disabling

The same thing happens on my tvs, I have 3. I am ready to dump them all. Roku must fix this problem now.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Diortman,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback and we’re sorry you're having trouble with the Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • What Roku model device are you using?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Service providers are in control of this and should be investigated by your state AG.  With AI your voice can be captured and contrived into saying whatever it wants.  This must be addressed.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Goldilocks999

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thank you for your post. Do you experience the same problem on your Roku device? If so, we'd like to know more about how we can help. Could you provide with us additional information along with the requested details requested by @RokuMary-F above?

Once we have more details, we will be able to best assist you. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
snuh
Channel Surfer

As the original creator of this thread, I can confirm firsthand what other people have said elsewhere that upgrading to OS 12.0 has fixed this glitch. Hallelujah. My sister will finally use her Christmas gift.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.