Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is up with Roku blocking pics on Photostream?

I can't believe that Roku has the gall to tell me what I can and can't post on my Photostream on my own television set.  No one else is supposed to see them anyway.  At any rate, none of them are anything that would get blocked anywhere else.  They are merely paintings dealing with military history.  You guys need to ease up on this censorship nonsense.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: What is up with Roku blocking pics on Photostream?

Hi @Vercingetorix20

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We'd be more than happy to look into this further. For us to help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue:

• Have you successfully uploaded the photos and got blocked? Or does this problem occurs during the process of uploading your photos? 
  • Were you able to share that Photo Streams with others? 
  • If you receive an error message or code, could you send us a screenshot?

With more information, we will be best assist you. 

Keep us posted on what you find out!  

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Angel616

I also have this same problem. I never had any issues before, but now it’s starting to remove new images I try to upload. I even tested it with images that had already been successfully uploaded before, and it censors the copies when it didn’t censor it from being uploaded the first time. I even tried uploaded a duplicate of the same image. Just one that was saved twice. And one version got censored, and the other copy did not. So I’m not sure at all what it’s censoring. Or why it’s censoring anything at all.  

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Angel616

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and providing information about the issue with the Photo Stream feature on your Roku device.

We'd be happy to look further into this. Can you please provide us this details below to better identify the issue your experiencing:

• Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

We're looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos