Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
account283canad
Reel Rookie

how to stream from a computer

is it possible to stream video from a computer? I thought that should be easy but maybe the roku developers never thought about it.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: how to stream from a computer

Hi @account283canad

Welcome to Roku Community. 

I'd be happy to help you with streaming video from your computer to your Roku device. Can you provide me with more details about the setup you have currently and what kind of video you're trying to stream? Have you tried to screen mirror your computer to your Roku device? 

For reference, you may check this link: How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device

With more details, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
account283canad
Reel Rookie

this is not a phone, but a laptop. yes, I would like to mirror the screen. I discovered how to play a downloaded file already.

where is the instruction for mirroring a computer?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @account283canad

Thank you for keeping in touch!

To start a screen mirroring connection on your Laptop or browser use the steps below to initiate a screen mirroring connection on your Windows device:

• From the taskbar on your Windows device, open the Action center Windows action center icon
  • Select the Connect button
  • Select your Roku device from the list of wireless display and audio devices to start the connection

If you are unable to find the Action center on your Windows device, you can also view the list of wireless display and audio devices from the Settings menu. Go to the Start menu on your Windows device and select Settings > System > Display > Connect to a wireless display.

For more information you may visit: How do I use screen mirroring with my Android™ or Windows® device?.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos