Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garystan1952
Streaming Star

Re: backdrops- cannot remove

Jump to solution

RokuMaryEF :

Due to the fact that  Roku can't solve this problem......I'm switching to an LG

TV.  It has the WEB OS, and I can still get YOUTUBE, PRIME Video, TUBI

and  FREEVEE.

0 Kudos
garystan1952
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

En Terr :

I tried ALL that, and it doesn't work !   I looking at getting an LG TV.  Which has the WEB OS.

But, I can STILL  get YOUTUBE, FREEVEE, PRIME Video and TUBI.  and NO  BACKDROP 

interference !

garystan

0 Kudos
mczimmy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

did not think it was possible to screw up the on/off button but someone at roku succeeded 🙂

the sheer volume of comments on the web is amazing.  people really hate backdrops app. 

garystan1952
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

mczimmy :

Thanks for your reply. But, it  still stands......I'm seriously looking at the LG TV.

grystan

0 Kudos
garystan1952
Streaming Star

BACKDROP Removal Unsuccessful

Jump to solution

10/9/24

STILL can't remove BACKDROP App.  This just shows how much Roku thanks of it's users !

garystan

0 Kudos

Re: BACKDROP Removal Unsuccessful

Jump to solution

It took me a total of 10 seconds to disable and remove the app. I did both to see if both ways worked and they both do. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BACKDROP Removal Unsuccessful

Jump to solution

Hi @garystan1952,

Thanks for the response.

We wanted to follow up regarding the ongoing issue with the Backdrops feature on your Roku TV. It appears that you are still encountering difficulties in removing it. We'd like to inquire if you have attempted the troubleshooting steps previously suggested by @RokuMaryEF.

Additionally, we would like to gather some information about your Roku TV to investigate the issue further.

• Roku TV model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Providing these details will help us to further look into the issue. We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.