Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Growltiger
Reel Rookie

Windows 11 casting to Roku 3930X works perfectly except no audio - tried everything

I have an up to date Windows 11 laptop. When I cast from it to my Roku 3930X the video display works perfectly but there is no audio.

When I look at the laptop settings it shows that it has switched to Digital Output () correctly but the volume is set to muted and the level to 0 and one cannot change it.

It is not a problem with the computer or Windows 11. When I do exactly the same process, casting to a Samsung smart TV, the casting works perfectly, both video and audio. The Digital Output () works and is not muted.

I have searched for solutions both here and on the internet and have tried all kinds of troubleshooting ideas, none of which help.

My guess is that the software in the Roku has a bug where it does not correctly negotiate the audio settings when the connection is established.

Please, can anyone help? Does anyone manage to cast to this Roku device and get audio working? Is there any way to escalate this with Roku and ask them to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Windows 11 casting to Roku 3930X works perfectly except no audio - tried everything

Welcome, @Growltiger.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We see you're having trouble casting your Windows 11 Computer to your Roku Device. We are glad to examine the situation further.

To pass this forward to the appropriate Roku Team for further investigation, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

These information will help our dedicated team isolate the issue you're facing with the casting feature on your Roku. We appreciate you for bearing with us in the meantime.

Please keep us posted, including all the information needed for further assistance.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Growltiger
Reel Rookie

Re: Windows 11 casting to Roku 3930X works perfectly except no audio - tried everything

Thank you. Here is all the information.

Model 3930EU - Roku Express

Serial number: X00400UUT019 (S01V308UT019)

Software version: 13.0.0 build 24062-AE

GC version: 11.8.15

Timestamp: 2024-06-24T19:59:57Z

Issue ID 19-253-199

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the additional information, @Growltiger.

Since all information has been provided, we will forward this case to the relevant Roku Team for a thorough review and investigation. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

We will surely keep you updated when a resolution is already provided.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.