Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ocker

DVD to NAS + Twonky + Roku Media Player. Recommendations?

I have a little NAS device running Twonky. I used MakeMKV to rip a DVD to my NAS, which gave me a folder of .MKV files. My little NAS doesn't have the power to transcode on the fly, so I used Handbrake to convert the .MKV files to .MP4. When I play back in Roku Media Player, picking the first file in the folder streams one file after another as if I'm playing the original DVD - notices, FBI threats, previews and the feature. I haven't tried a DVD that would have a menu.

The issue is the media listing in Roku Media Player is really ugly. It shows all the individual files, and I have to pick out the first one. This will not work for the less tech savvy in the household. I would prefer to see one icon for the entire folder.

I have a feeling this can be managed in Twonky Navigation Tree settings. Any recommendations to help me skip hours of trial and error here?

Any recommendations on a different approach?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DVD to NAS + Twonky + Roku Media Player. Recommendations?

Twonky Support Forum 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.