Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hburns

Trouble with finding uk channels

I’m from the UK but the roku device is only offering US channels 

I’m trying to add the uk streaming services Heyu and NOW Tv 

which are available in the uk and are apps show on the box of the roku device 

what is wrong?? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble with finding uk channels

@Hburns 

Are you using a VPN?

If your Roku device an import? What's the model number? Settings > System > About

Was your account set up or used outside the UK?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Anne7

Having a problem connecting to a UK channel ITV.  Have never used my device abroad and it wasn't set up abroad.  However all my channel options appear to be US based.

Thanks

Anne

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Anne7,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address's reported location by checking here. If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

In that case, we would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account?

Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Otherwise, please reach out to our accounts team directly. They can be contacted here. Choose the option for "Account, payment,s, and subscriptions".

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos